Chapter 1 - New Beginnings

Class Perspective:

"I hear we're getting a new student."

"Apparently it's a girl!"

"I hope she's pretty."

"She can't possibly be prettier than Teruhashi, its impossible!"

"Class, calm down," the classes teacher warned the students, "L/n, please come in and introduce yourself," The teacher finished.

As you walked in, everything went silent. If someone were to drop a feather, it would sound like a meteor.

"Ah, h-hello!" You bowed "I'm L/n Y/n, I'll be attending this school from now on. I hope you'll be nice to me" As you finished the teacher assigned you to a girl, her hair reminded you of a blueberry. You had to admit she was pretty, though it looked like she was mad at you for a reason you weren't aware of. Though now that you thought of it, you began to wonder why the class went silent when you walked in. Since you were curious you asked a different person, because the blueberry had been staring daggers at you.

"Hi, excuse me. How come the class went silent when I walked in?" You politely asked a relatively short boy with a ripped up uniform.

As soon as you finished talking his face turned redder than a cherry, "Oh! Its just that...you're really pretty, even more than Teruhashi!" He said while pointing at the blueberry.

"W-well thank you," you quietly said, not used to compliments, "What's your name?" You asked the boy. After you asked him he got closer to you, "My name is Kaidou Shun...but be careful, the Dark Reunion is after me. Don't worry! I'll protect you with the power of the Jet-black wings!" He said while being centimeters away from you. All you said was nice to meet you before another girl started staring daggers into your back.

As the day passed on, you got more and more hungry. You had forgotten your lunch due to the stress of starting at a new school, as soon as school ended you went to a nearby ramen shop and had a nice quiet meal there. That was, until 3 boys walked in. One was familiar and the other 2 were wearing the school uniform so you figured they went to your school. There was a rather tall boy, he reminded you of gangsters you often saw in movies. The other boy was taller than Kaidou, yet shorter than the gangster looking boy.

"Oh hey! Guys look it's the new girl!" Kaidou practically yelled at the two boys he was accompanied by. As you tried to stay quiet a gruff voice began talking to you, causing you to look up at the tall friend.

"Hey, I'm Nendou Riki" the boy you thought was a gangster introduced himself, based off his way of speaking to you could tell he wasn't the brightest. For some reason after you thought about that, the pink haired boy giggled a little.

"That's Saiki Kusou! He'll warm up to you eventually." Kaidou had explained to you, that the Saiki boy was often quiet. As Kaidou and Nendou finished their introductions they asked to sit with you, you were going to say no but something about seeing the boys be disappointed changed your mind. Probably for the best too, you found out you all have stuff in common, even a couple things with Saiki. You were surprised when you found out he liked sweets, specifically coffee jelly. Coffee jelly had a big part in your past, though you didn't want to worry about memories while with the friends you had just made.

Once everyone finished eating, we all said our goodbyes at a 4 way stop. It looked like you lived in the same direction as Saiki, unless he somehow got you to follow him, though you ruled that out. You had finally made it to your house and...

....Your house is next door to Saiki...

You decided to focus on other things and took a long shower, finish your homework, and think back on the things that happened that very day.

(author's note: writing in second person was really hard for me so I'll change it to be either third of first at all times)

Time Skip to Next Day
First person as Y/n

As I woke up I remembered I had school, so I hastily got dressed and got on my way. This time I remembered my lunch, after putting a little thought into it, I decided I would eat on the schools rooftop. I didn't want to have to deal with people.

When I finally reached the school courtyard, a group of boys that I didn't know stopped me and began acting as if I was some sort of god. I didn't understand this, I wondered if that was something that happens on a basis. I saw Kaidou walking to class, he was really my only chance to get away at this point.. thus I decided to call out to him asking for help.

It seemed as if it worked, because in no time he came over and tried to get the boys to leave me alone. It took a while, seemed as if the boys were persistent about making me their 'queen' whatever that meant. Though since Kaidou had helped me from them, I told him I was in dept to him. He told me it was okay, but I insisted that I should do something for him...All he did was ask for a hug. I have to admit it was cute, while we were walking to our homeroom, that blueberry girl stopped me, pulled me away from Kaidou, and began to question what the group of boys were saying to me.

"It wasn't anything importan-" I said trying to leave the bathroom she had brought me into, but before I could leave the blueberry pushed me to the floor, "leave Saiki alone! He deserves someone better than you, someone like me." She said to me, I wasn't really worried about what she would do, I was more confused about where she got the impression that I was after the strawberry kid. As I tried to waltz out of the bathroom another girl with a light brown bob cut and a hair band decided to block my exit, I don't know her name but I remembered that she was in my classes.

"Kaidou is mine." She said before pushing me out of the bathroom, I felt the skin on my knees split a little as I fell, a bunch of boys swarmed me again. I'm just assuming they were trying to make sure I was okay, a few offered to take me to the nurse.

"Guys, it's okay I just need a bandaid.." I said looking at my knees, they were covered in blood, and the blood just so happened to be dripping down my calves. I looked up and realized that all the boys left, though maybe forty seconds later a bunch came back with bandaids and alchohol wipes. I had to tell the boys I could fix it up myself, though many of the school boys kept insisting help. I wish someone I knew was near so they could help me walk to the infirmary.

I decided it would've been quicker to get up and limp there by myself. Rather than ask one boy, the others would probably swarm him if I asked.

"Hey, could you help me?" I asked the nurse, in no time they had cleaned all the blood off my knees. The nurse had me lay down, consequently, I napped through the rest of the day. I just wanted to be left alone, but I was woken up by a worried Kaidou and his friends. "L/n! I heard what happened. Are you okay?"

I could tell that he didn't know the full story, about how Teruhashi and the other girl in my class pushed me around in the bathrooms.

After I thought about this, I looked up and the pink haired boy seemed deep in thought and worried, I had forgotten that Kaidou had asked me a question. I tried to remember what he asked, and as soon as it hit me I responded.

"Oh yeah, I'm okay. Just a little sore is all" I said smiling at him. I'm not sure what happened but it looked like a bright ray arose when I smiled, similar to that golden aura that is around Teruhashi that no one mentions.

I'm just glad to be with people I know won't hurt me. I've been through too much at this point, I'm not sure how much I could handle if that went on.

"Good grief." A certain pink haired boy said without moving his mouth.

<><><><><><><><><><>
Final story word count: 1,356
Edited story word count: 1,472

Hello, that was the first chapter, I'm sorry if its disappointing.. but I didnt really plan out anything on this story aside from the ending (which i wont tell) and the fact that I wanted Y/n to be prettier than Teruhashi, because I'm tired of other fanfics saying "y/n was almost as pretty as Teruhashi." So I decided that Y/n will be prettier...also did I make chiyo and Teruhashi too mean? Not sure but thank you for reading!