Chapter 6 - Coffee Jelly

quick authors note

I'd like to apologize for changing the point of view so often, as well as the inconsistent plot. I could try to change it so it matches the animes storyline, I'll do that after today's chapter. For the point of view I'll say what they're supposed to be in the beginning of the chapters. today's will be 1st person. on with the story

The more the five of us bonded, the happier I felt. I vividly knew that it wouldn't last forever, but I thought to appreciate it while I still can. It seemed as if the new boy Kaidou brought had been drilling holes through me as he was staring at me. I didn't know how to politely ask him to quit.

"Why are you staring at me?" I asked flustered to the boy, I was staring at the cafe's pretty wooden tables. He quickly apologized, many times at that matter, I hated manipulating others, but this action made me uncomfortable. After a few minutes of silence, I forgotten who was sitting next to me, I turned to see Kaidou. He was always super sweet similar to a blueberry candy, there were times where he'd become one of the primary school anime obsessed kids, Ihad to admit it was cute, overall he was a good kiddo.

The tall boy that sat between Saiki and Kuboyasu, his name was Nendou, but I didnt know much about him. "Why are you narrating the boys, the fans know this is a show" Saiki telepathically told me, I let out a quick snicker. "Shut up, let me be" I told mentally the boy.

"Sorry to interrupt, but were you two on a date?" The short boy from beside me asked. "We already told you, we aren't dating or on a date haha.." I explained to the boy, it bothered me hearing it, but saying it myself hurt even more. I need to get home soon or at least find somewhere to bunk out for the night.

"Y/n, when do you plan on returning home?" Saiki asked me with that obnoxious yet monotone voice he had when his friends were around. "I don't know if I can return there. I don't like how they treat me." It was definitely hard for me to talk about the topic, especially in front of our friends.

I stared at the table while everyone was silent, before I knew it my nose got all tingly, a few tears trinkled down my cheek, I could feel that I would cry if I don't calm down. could feel the eyes of the boys looking at me while this all went down.

"Y/n what does he mean? Is everything good at home?" The blue haired boy asked, an almost translucent light pink blush flushed his face. Followed along with other questions from him, Nendou, and Kuboyasu. All of the attention had made me break down. I felt bad that they had to see me this way.

There wasn't anything I could really do, except I knew I wanted to leave.

I nudged Kaidou with my elbow, hoping he'd catch on. It went successfully, he stood up from his spot to let me out of our booth. When I got out of the seating, I noticed 3 girls sitting together, I knew one was Teruhashi and the other was Chiyo, but I didn't get a view on the one facing the other direction. From here on I decided to run, run. Run as far as my legs could take me, or my lungs at that.

I remember when I ran out the clock read 14:07 (2:07), after running for what felt like forever, I collapsed onto the dusty outdoor ground. I finally pulled my phone out of my pocket. Well, when I tried to, yet I realized something.

My phone was gone. Nowhere on me.

Pockets were empty.

That's when it hit me,

I left my purse in the café with Saiki and the others.

There goes my chance of returning home or simply checking the time. Not like I wanted to go back to that hell hole anyway, but I do need the time, who would've known what my grandparents would do to me. Especially if they know my phone is gone too.