Chapter 4 - Pain

Recap: Saiki was with Yuuta. you were about to offer help, but something hit you. Literally.

Your Point of View

"What hit me? Is that...blood?" I rose my hand to the back of my head, after feeling around for a second. I felt a sharp pain, there was some sort of thick liquid flowing out, when I brought my hand to where I could see. It was a bright yet dusty crimson red. Everything was a different shade crimson, I didn't know what to do at that moment.

As the time passed, I remained sitting on the cold pavement. I was unsure of what could happen if I were to attempt to stand, I tried to look around from the floor. No one was nearby, I had no clue where I was. It looked like an alleyway behind a civil area, connecting the dots led me to believe that I was knocked out and brought into an alley. I might've gotten kidnapped, I looked to be alone. I finally got the courage to get on my feet. I ran out as soon as I could, in fear of my safety.

The outcome wasn't as bad as I had anticipated, just a small pain. Not like it wasn't there to begin with. I brought out my phone and checked the messages. Empty. I then figured I could check the contacts. As if I wasn't in enough pain, I saw something I hadn't thought about in years.

My parents names.

I was determined to not cry, I just dialed a hospital, "Hello, something hit me in the head and there's a lot of blood." I explained everything to the responder, "We'll send someone to you." They quickly said before hanging up. I put my hand back on my head to keep more blood from spilling out.

Before you know it the ambulance came for me. "Are you L/n F/n?" They asked, "Correct." I quickly retorted. They escorted me into the ambulance. "You're really calm, are you sure you're wounded?" The nurse questioned. I removed my hand from my head and showed her the blood covered hand, "I think so?" The blood was already dry so I honestly had no clue if the wound had healed, Saiki told me that there might be a chance that I could heal really fast.

The paramedic then checked the wound, and she told me the wound had healed. She started to ask about how big the gash was at first. After talking about the now visible scar we arrived at the hospital where they inspected it and told me I healed at an inhuman speed. I knew what they were talking about, now that I put thought into it. My legs healed that day I was pushed around. Within a nap, looks like now it healed faster. The more I thought about it, the more my hypothesis came together.

The bigger the injury, the faster it heals. Small injuries take longer.

Once I arrived to my home, my grandparents decided I need punishing for being late. I tried to explain to them that I was in the hospital, but they wouldn't listen to me. After a 'subtle' beating, they dragged me, by my arm, up the stairs and locked me in my room. I had nothing to do, if I were to resist this they would ambush me. Looks like I'll just silently suffer in my dark, humid room.

I had forgotten that Saiki was my neighbor, I never thought I'd say this, but I wish his blank stare would accompany me. He does have his moments but he seems to be worried about my newly diagnosed psychic powers.

As time went on, I was still in my cramped bedroom. I was going stir crazy, I couldn't handle being locked up in this compact room. That's when I decided to jump out the side window. I thought I would be okay since I healed fast earlier that very day.

So, I jumped.

To my surprise I stopped mid-air, I opened my eyes only to see that boy with the green glasses. Softly gazing at me, though more importantly, my aching body.