treize

After multiple rounds of Apples To Apples, a toddler waking up from his nap, watching Jasper and Emmett cheat, losing to Esme three times in a row, winning twice, and watching Emmett do a backflip; it was midnight.

"Oh crap, Avery needs to get to bed. It is way past your bedtime, mister." Tatum says to her nephew who was currently sitting in Rosalie's lap. He giggles and hides his face from his aunt. The small coven laughs and Jasper stands up, reaching to grab hold of Avery. The toddler gladly accepts Jasper's cold arms. 

"I can show you guys where you'll be sleeping. If you want to, you can stay up with the rest of us." Jasper says to Tatum, grabbing her hand again. She easily got used to how cold his hands were, it wasn't his fault they felt like soft snow. Tatum follows Jasper and Avery up a flight of stairs, towards a hallway, and into a room.

"This is uh, my room. You guys can sleep on the bed," Jasper says, setting a now exhausted Avery down on the fluffy bed. Tatum was just slowly walking around the room, looking at all the books he had. 

"We can all fit on the bed."

Jasper definitely did not expect those words to come out of her mouth. She didn't know that he couldn't fall asleep. At all. He didn't want her to feel foolish so he just simply nodded. If he still had blood, his cheeks would be as red as fire. 

"We can sleep on either side of Avery, he's used to being surrounded anyways," Tatum says, smiling at her nephew grabbing his own pajamas and getting ready by himself. Jasper keeps his eyes on her and the way her gaze was so soft and loving.

"Alright, I'll give you a moment to change."

Jasper walks out the door and closes it behind him. He speeds downstairs and stares at his family in a 'what do I do' matter. Emmett shrugs. Rosalie smirks. Esme smiles softly. Carlisle shakes his head with a smile. Edward snickers. Alice- uh oh.

"You two better not have sex," Alice says with a serious glare on her face. Jasper chokes on nothing and starts coughing loudly. Emmett and Edward laugh uncontrollably until Alice shushes them with her scary ass glare.

"I heard your smutty comment earlier and now I can't see her future!" Alice lectures to him, storming closer to him. She pokes her finger at his chest making him genuinely afraid. "Jasper, if you're using this girl for a quick moment of fun, you need to take a step back and check how much she's impacted this family already!"

Esme looks between Alice and Jasper, not being able to believe Jasper- the quiet closed off one- would say something vulgar to Tatum. Carlisle just took a step back and raised his hands in surrender before his wife furrows her eyebrows at Jasper.

"You did what?!" Esme exclaims in anger. She didn't get upset easily. This scared many of them. 
"Jasper Whitlock Hale, what in hell's name did you say to her?!"

"I-uh. I'd rather not-"

"You said that  to her?" Edward asks in disbelief, taken back by the dirty side of Jasper's mind. "Dude, that is bold."

"We were talking and she brought up something and it just kind of happened. I didn't mean to-"

"Is everything okay?" Tatum says, scaring all the angry vampires and mortifying the nervous one. She was in a baggy Star Wars tee and a pair of flannel pajama pants. She had taken off the foundation and mascara that was previously on her face. She still looked beautiful in his eyes.

"So, Jasper's a cowboy?" Edward asks her with a smirk. Tatum smiles brightly and giggles. The room stops. Everyone looks between Tatum's giggling state and Jasper's small smirk while staring adoringly at her. 

"I'm guessing he told you about the comment he made?" Tatum says, trying hard not to giggle. Everyone nods and she bursts into another fit of giggles. Alice's eyes glaze over and she immediately smiles. After her eyes un-glaze, she looks between Jasper and Tatum.

"We're all getting ready for bed, that's all," Alice says. Esme looks over at the oldest daughter before nodding and ushering Jasper and Tatum upstairs. The two women laugh as Jasper almost slips on a step. He purposefully did that just to see her smile and laugh.

"Give him some slack, he'd do anything just to see her smile." Esme and Jasper hear Edward inform a very furious Rosalie. Esme smiles softly at her son, letting him off for now. Jasper lets Tatum enter the room before turning to his adoptive mother.

"I would do anything just to see her smile."