dix-sept

Tatum agreed to let Sam bring her back to him and his girlfriend's cabin not too far from where the two had met. After a short trek, they reached a clearing with a small, beautiful cabin filled with talking. Sam gave her a warning that he had a lot of friends that came and went from their cabin. Sam opens the door and it instantly quiets down.

"Sam, who's that?"

"I'm confused."

"Looks like I'm not the only hot one here anymore."

"Shut up, Paul."

"Sam? Is this her?"

"Quiet down!" Everyone goes silent after Sam's demand. Tatum stood behind him with a resting bored expression. Sam turns to look down and behind towards her. She raises her eyebrows, now noticing that she was the center of attention. "This is Tatum and she is going to be using our phone. That means you have to stay silent."

"Tatum, huh? Pretty name-"

"For a pretty girl."

"Uh, thanks. You guys look pretty good too." Tatum says, shrugging her shoulders. She wasn't good at taking compliments, but honestly, who was?

"It's because you all forgot to wear shirts." A woman with matching tan skin and dark says from behind the counter. She was absolutely beautiful. Tatum suspected that that woman was Emily, Sam's girlfriend. When Sam went up to her and kissed the woman, confirmed Tatum's suspicion.

"Em, is the phone free? This girl needs to use it," Sam asks his girlfriend. Emily rolls her eyes and nods, unimpressed by her boyfriend's antics of calling Tatum 'girl'.

"It's right there on the wall, Tatum," Emily says, peeking around Sam to look at the girl with a sweet smile. Tatum smiles and nods before looking at the wall phone. She pulls the phone off the stand and tries thinking of her home phone, but it was too difficult to remember. So, she pulled out the slip of paper she had kept in her pocket from a while ago. She dials the number and listens as it rings.

"Hello? Cullen residency," Esme answers the phone sweetly. Tatum lets out a little sigh of relief, she turns to check if they were still watching her and of course, the boys had their eyes fixated on her every move. She rolls her eyes.

"Esme? It's Tatum," she says into the phone. She hears Esme call Jasper over to the phone and she involuntarily lets out a chuckle. "Uhm, I might've gotten lost in the woods and met this dude that took me to his cabin and is letting me use his phone. I couldn't remember my home phone and I feel really bad about calling but your number was the only one I could remember and I-"

"Tatum," Jasper says calmly into the phone. Tatum takes a deep breath to let him know she was fine. "Where are you?"

"Uh, give me a second, please," Tatum pulls away from the phone and looks over to the boys watching her. "Where am I?"

"La Push. Quileute reservation to be exact," 'Paul' says, suddenly adorning a glare towards her. Tatum was put off with the glare but quietly thanked him anyways.

"I'm in La Push, specifically the Quileute reservation."

"Out of everywhere she could be, she chooses to get lost near the reserve," Jasper sighs, telling his family from his side of the phone. Tatum can hear Emmett's loud laugh and Rosalie's animalistic snarl from her side of the phone. "Does the dude happen to be a man named Sam Uley?"

"Yes, why? You guys friends?" Tatum asks, genuinely confused. He hears a sarcastic laugh come from Jasper. She softly frowns and lets her shoulders drop. She didn't know if Jasper was actually upset or if he was being humorous. 

"You could say, uh, can you put Sam on the phone?" Jasper asks her. She could hear the actual distaste in his voice when he said the name. Tatum calls Sam over and hands him the phone. After a solid five minutes of Sam speaking lowly into the phone and clutching/unclutching his hands, he hung up the phone.

"Tatum, we are going to drive you partway there and we will meet up with Dr. Cullen," Sam says, walking to his girlfriend and hugging her tightly. Tatum nods, not wanting to seem bitchy for asking why one of them couldn't just drive her home.

She follows Sam and he gets into a truck, starting it up. The truck ride was silent as Tatum just sat and stared out the window, watching the beautiful greenery. It wasn't until Sam stopped driving and she saw Carlisle's car in front of them did one of the two speak a word.

"Thank you, Sam."

"No problem, kid."