vingt-neuf

November 27th

Jasper watches his computer screen as the Skype call begins to connect. The screen shows a ringing phone before a clear screen with Tatum shows up. 

"Wow, you must have a great connection in France," Jasper says, making Tate laugh. Her family was visiting her grandparents back in France for thanksgiving. "So, how long are you staying there?"

"We're flying back in on December first. We've also been trying to find a way to make it seem like Bailey is here." Tate says, tiredly. There is an eight hour time difference between the two and it really sucks. 

"But other than that, how is it?" Jasper asks, tilting his head to the side a little.

"Well, we're taking a nine-hour car trip to Paris just to see the Eiffel Tower tomorrow. So, that'll be fun," Tate says, watching as the tired and stumbling toddler walks into their shared room. Tate helps him crawl onto the bed and loves it that his eyes grow so wide when he sees Jasper on the screen.

"Jazzy!"

"Hey, squish. How's vacation?" Jasper asks, smiling warmly at the 3-year-old.

Tate's eyes go wide and she shakes her head eagerly from side to side. Jasper was making a mistake, a big mistake. She cringes as she hears Avery take in a sharp inhale of breath before starting off with his never-ending story.

●○●

November 30th

Tatum hangs up the final Skype call with Jasper before leaving France tomorrow. She closes her computer and lets out a bored sigh. She has nothing to do anymore. All her homework was done, Avery was taking a nap, her parents were at a play in Bayonne, and she just finished talking to Jasper. So she decided to text Paul.

Tatum

Hey, are you busy?

Paul

No, quite the opposite lately. 

Tatum

Same here.

How's the rez?

Paul

Good good. 

We made a new friend named 

Jared while you were gone.

How's France?

Tatum

It's been good.

Paul

Do you have anybody to pick you up at the airport tomorrow?

Tatum

Uhm yeah actually.

Jasper's picking me and Avery up

and we're gonna spend some time at

their house. Rosalie misses him and 

he misses her so we saw it as a 

perfect opportunity.