3. I'm your best friend

Ivy's POV

Everyone's afraid to say it. So, let me be the first, there is a serial killer among us. San Francisco had the Zodiac, New Orleans had the Axeman, Texarkana, Texas had the Phantom killer. The list goes on and on, add to their ranks Riverdale's very own psychopath, the Black Hood. 

There it was, terror was seeping into the bedrock of Riverdale. A town hall meeting had been set by Mayor McCoy. People were afraid to walk the streets alone, especially as dusk approaches. Shops closed early, locks were added to doors. Suspicions between the North and Southside deepened, fanned into flames by Alice Cooper. 

The next morning I decided to dress just like everyone else at the Southside high, black jeans, a black long Tshirt and a flannel. On top, I wore my leather jacket that sadly wasn't a Southside Serpent one. To end the outfit I put on black heeled boots. 

Jughead was already out and I was actually happy about it, it meant that I could finally drive my motorcycle and not sit on the back of his. 

*

During lunch break, I caught up with Jughead just as he hung up the phone. "It was Betty", he explained to me. I nodded and followed him towards the Serpent table where everyone was crowded around a beaten up laptop. 

"Guess we're not watching funny cat videos", I chuckled and plopped down in front of Toni and Sweet Pea. 

"We will find you", Archies voice rang through the laptop which made my eyes go wide. 

"Check this out, some sick-in-the-head Northsider posted a video, and we were just talking", Sweet Pea smirked but was cut off by my cousin, "About what?".

"Forgaty wants to earn his Serpent stripes. bring us the Northsider's head, you're in", Sweet Pea explained. "I'm down with that", Fangs answered smirking causing them all to cheer. 

"No guys, no-", Jug started scared that his best friend will get hurt. "What Jones?". 

"I know this guy. He's a milquetoast, a football player. It's a lame target is all I'm saying. You wanna prove something? Why don't you go after the Black Hood?", Jughead asked, low move Juggie. 

"Why would we do that? He's targeting Northsiders, who do nothing but blame us for everything wrong with this town. We're sick of it, the Black Hood is doing our work for us. He's a hero", Sweet Pea smirked which cause me to put my eyebrows together. 

Jughead walked away after Sweet Pea's preach. "You really think he's a hero?", I asked him in disbelieve. 

"Not actually, he is a monster for killing people but still he's just giving back what they all did to us the past years, princess", he explained to me. 

"I mean you're not wrong but it still doesn't make him a hero. Oh, and I'm not a princess", I said causing Fangs to pat Sweet Pea's shoulder. 

"We'll see about that, princess", Sweet Pea smirked. 

*

After our last period, Toni showed me a cipher that was published in the Riverdale register. She wanted to crack it with my and Jug's help. 

We walked towards the Red and Black as the students began to leave. "So what is going on between you and Sweet Pea?", she asked smirking. 

"What do you mean, between Sweet Pea and me?", I chuckled. 

"The whole flirty, princess thing. I see the way you two communicate. So did something happen between you two?", Toni blurted out. "What? Between us? No, never", I laughed.