6. Back to my roots

Ivy's POV

The next day after school I quickly went home to freshen up a little bit. 

I changed my shirt and touched up my make up. Now I was wearing light ripped jeans and a cropped black t-shirt with a lace bra underneath that made the lace appear under the shirt along with my black sneakers. 

I grabbed my keys and my helmet. "Where are you going?", my cousin asked. "I'm meeting a friend", I explained. That was the thing with me. I loved my cousin but I never told anyone everything that I was doing. 

I have learned this from my father and my mother hated it. She never knew where I was or who I was with since I started growing up and going out alone. But at the same time, it helped me a lot. I never had to have any awkward conversations about a person because she never knew anyone.

I stopped my bike in front of the cute diner and walked inside. "Hey Ivy", Pop greeted me, I guess getting food here almost every day with Jughead had some pros. 

"Hey Pop", I smiled just then my eyes caught the beautiful red head's eyes. 

I smirked and walked over to her sitting in front of her. "Hey Cheryl", I smiled. "Hey Ivy, long time no seen", she smiled, "It's weird for me to say but the Southside did you well, you look like a badass".

"Thank you, so why do you think we should get to know each other better?", I asked not talking around the topic. "Because you are powerful, I can feel it and I am too. Why shouldn't two powerful girls that are on two fronts get friends? And I like your attitude". 

And that's what happened. Cheryl and I spend almost the whole rest of the day together talking about anything. She told me about her brother Jason. 

"Damn that's awful, your own father. I could never. Jason sounded like a good guy", I told her sipping on my milkshake. "He was, he was the best. I would give everything to get him back. I miss him so much, he understood me like no one else did", she explained to me.

"That's sad but hey now we're friends you can always call me", I smiled. "Thank you", the girl smiled, "So who are you, Ivy Jones? Tell me about yourself, you heard my life story and now it's your turn".

"Well, I grew up on the Southside my father was one of the main Serpents, my mother hated it since day one but she still went with it. When I got older they decided it was too dangerous for me since I was good at self-protection and I already fell in love with the gang. 

One night we just cut everything loose and went to live in another city, where my mother tried to raise me as if I hadn't have any of that powerful Serpent blood inside of me. My father was unhappy, he started drinking and my parents fought a lot until one night it escalated. 

He packed his bags and left, it turned out he had a younger woman. Since then I only received a couple of letters but it wasn't much. My mother started working her ass off and I was left alone, no parents that cared about me so I decided to rebel. 

I started smoking, staying out all night, I got into fights and brought boys home with me all the time. My mother was fed up and threw me out with my clothes. I took her keys and some of her money and came here, back to were I belong, back to my roots", I explained. 

"That's insane", Cheryl commented. "It is, to be honest, I hoped that I would meet my dad here, I never gave up thinking he returned here but I guess he's not", I told her. 

It was weird, usually, I kept that kind of things to myself but with Cheryl, I felt like I could tell her everything. 

We kept talking and talking until the sunset and it was time to split, I actually got friends with Cheryl Blossom, weird isn't it.