22. The angel of death

Ivy's POV

The next morning I woke up and felt drained, it was the day of Midge's funeral. I was scared of how her mother would react. Would she blame me? Would she feel sorry for me? I had no idea. 

"Good morning", Sweet Pea said and sat down at the table in front of me. "Hey", I smiled. 

"Are you ready?", he asked with his eyes directed at me.

"I guess, I have to", I mumbled feeling uneasy to go to her funeral. "Hey", he said and grabbed my hand, "I'm here for you".

"Thanks, Pea", I smiled feeling like time had gone back and we were still having a thing. "Always, princess", he smiled and my heart started fluttering a little bit.

"I should get changed", I said breaking the silence between us. "Yes, you should", he chuckled referring to me wearing one of his shirts and Toni's shorts. 

I chuckled as I made my way into Toni's bathroom where my uniform was neatly laid down. I smiled at how ironic it was that our cheer squad had a uniform specifically for funerals.

After a quick shower and a little bit of makeup, which I had stolen from Toni I decided to get dressed. The outfit was cute, a black turtle neck, a black top with the 'R' initials, a black skirt, black tights, black over knee socks with white stripes and a black cape. I decided to finish the outfit with black heels. 

When I walked out of the bathroom everyone else was up. "Woah, you look like the angel of death", Fangs sighed. "Shut it, Forgaty", I laughed. 

"You look great", Toni smiled but I noticed she wasn't wearing her uniform. "Aren't you gonna go?".

"No, everyone thinks it was a Serpent and I feel uneasy going to that funeral", Toni explained. "But we are going", Sweet Pea smiled referring to him and Fangs. 

"Good, because we should get going", I told them. 

We grabbed our stuff and headed out to where the motorcycles of the boys were parked. I got behind Fangs and wrapped my arms around his stomach. 

You might be wondering what happened to my first outfit well I decided to not go to the lunch after the funeral and just get drunk at the Wyrm.

*

Soon the vixens and I were standing in front of the grave, Cheryl was singing a really sad song saying something about that she will never walk alone. 

Everyone was crying by the time she was finished and as they lowered the cask I thought that the angel of death had once more come to Riverdale, Midge gruesome murder had gutted the entire town and in grief, brought us together. 

After the song, Cheryl raised her hands signaling us to raise our black pompoms in the air. 

"I also feel it is my duty to say that, like the Furies of Ancient Greece, who pursue blood atonement when a crime's committed, the Vixens and I vow that we will not rest until those responsible for the murder of our sister is rightly punished", Cheryl said. 

Soon the whole ceremony was over and I made my way up to Misses Klump who was standing with Cheryl. 

"Misses Klump?", I asked. "Ivy", she said and I couldn't quite make out how she was feeling about me being at her daughter's funeral. 

"I just wanted to pay my respect and say how sorry I am for your loss", I told the woman. "Oh, Ivy. Thank you so much, you were lucky to get away, honey", she said.

"No, I could have stopped him", I mumbled a tear running down my face. "No, no, you couldn't have done anything. He wanted her and not you, be happy about it", Misses Klump smiled at me.