CHAPTER 9: Crush(ed)

Well no shit.

He likes that girl.

He maybe likes that girl.

Wow. That's one lucky bitch.

I decide to reply him later cause I have to go home.

***

"Hey Ari." I greet her very cheerfully.

She stops eating her snacks and gives me weird look.

"Are you fine?"

"Never better." I give her a toothy smile.

"Okay." She continues eating.

"Let's bake a cake. I feel like baking a cake. Can we bake a cake?" I show her my puppy dog eyes.

She looks at me dumbfounded then suddenly bangs her hand on the table, making me jump in fright. "That's it! I'm sick and tired of your behavior. You are not fine. Not fine at all! You better tell me what's going on with you or I swear to my Netflix, I will make you tell the the truth." She grits.

My lips quivered. "I just want to bake a cake."

She chuckles. " Honey, you don't know how to bake a cake."

Oh.

She holds my hands and walks with me to my room. She sits on the edge of the bed with me.

"Elizabeth, please tell me what happened? I've been observing you for the past few days. You are not behaving like you. I miss my idiotic friend." She holds both my hands gently on her lap.

Should I tell her?

"I've been patiently waiting for you to come and talk to me but you don't. I know that something is bothering you and I'll try my best to understand the situation."

"I'm s-sorry A-Ari. I just thought—" My voice starts to break.

"It's okay." She gives me a warm friendly hug. "You wanna tell me what happened?"

"Helikessomebodyelse." I say it in one breath.

She breaks the hug and gives me a confused look. "What? Care to repeat again?"

I took a deep breath and said it out loud. "He likes somebody else."

Ari doesn't say anything and only wipes away my tears. I didn't realize that I was crying. She knows who I am talking about. Even though she made fun of me, she knew that somewhere deep down I did had some feelings for him.

Wow. I have a crush on a man I've never met and I realized that too late.