➴ twenty-five: WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD ➴

〖 chapter xxv: WHITE AS SNOW, RED AS BLOOD〗

Wysteria hadn't dreamed of the wolves in a long time

Wysteria hadn't dreamed of the wolves in a long time. She thought she caught a brief glimpse of them the night before her birthday, they were running through the wood by her house, but Wysteria chalked that up to the fever she had contracted. The cold weather really wasn't doing Wysteria any favors and she longed for the summer months when she could be warm and didn't need to bundle herself up in layers. 

When Wysteria's birthday finally rolled in, Wysteria and her mother threw a party at her grandmothers house, which was much larger than their own and it seemed like the whole Reservation turned up to wish her a happy sweet sixteen. Jacob was glued to her side the whole night, as was Bella, and Leah. Bella had thought Leah was pretty scary and didn't think that she had much in common with Wysteria's cousin other than the fact that they were both juniors in high school but the two girls found things to talk about. 

Seth, Embry and Quil hung around them but Leah would often shoo her brother away and Jacob would tell his friends to go find someone else to bother. Leah had mentioned lightly after Seth wandered off at one moment that he apparently looked up to Jacob. Wysteria and Bella had laughed loudly, making Jacob blush. "This idiot? Why?"  Wysteria asked. Leah shrugged.

"Why does Seth do anything honestly?" 

The month of December was coming to a close and Wysteria dreaded going back to school, because doesn't every teenager dread going back? Wysteria would have rather stay at home all through January instead of having to brave the last bits of snow that was still clinging to Forks. Jacob told her that come February, snow would only fall in Forks at he higher elevations towards the mountains and Wysteria couldn't wait.  

The night before Wysteria was supposed to go back to school, her mind plunged her into another dream about the wolves. There were five of them now. Two dusty gray, two white and brown ones and of course, the large black wolf at the center of them all. Wysteria thought that she would just get to see them race around through the snow, chasing  their tails but one the black wolf howled loudly, she knew that they were chasing after something again.