➴ sixty-one: GROWTH➴

〖 chapter lxi: GROWTH 〗

When Wysteria woke up the next morning she was curled up in Jacob's arms and she would have snuggled into his side and fallen back asleep if she hadn't remembered the events of the night before

When Wysteria woke up the next morning she was curled up in Jacob's arms and she would have snuggled into his side and fallen back asleep if she hadn't remembered the events of the night before. Wysteria sat up quickly and Jacob, who sleeps like the dead, just rolled over a little and Wysteria smiled. Kissing his cheek lightly and hoping out of bed, Wysteria made sure to tuck him back under the covers before quickly changing, brushing her teeth and going downstairs. When she walked out into the living room. She was surprised to see the somber looks on everyone's faces. Wysteria paused.

"Is... Is something wrong?" Edward glanced over at Wysteria and sighed before motioning her to come closer. He was sitting next to Rosalie on the couch who was holding Renesmee. Wysteria could hear her blubbering lightly and smiled. She didn't realize why the Cullen's might be disconcerted until she got a closer look at Renesmee. She looked... Older. Certainly not a year old but she also didn't look like a newborn.  "I'm... I'm not seeing things right."

"No." Carlisle spoke up when nobody else did. "She's at least a month old in weight and size." He said. 

"She already outgrew that onesie you bought her." Rosalie said. Wysteria's shoulders fell. 

"So she's still growing. That wasn't just something that was happening because... Because..." Wysteria didn't know what she meant to say. Of course it would make sense that Renesmee wouldn't stop rapidly growing just because she was no longer in Bella's womb. 

"It seems that she is still growing just as rapidly as she was in the womb." Carlisle said.

"Will she ever... Stop?" Wysteria said.

"We... We don't know." Esme said in a small voice.

"We have to keep searching for these other half-human half vampire children." Alice spoke up. "There's gotta be someone somewhere who knows something about this." Alice said. "There's just no way that this is the first time a child like this has been born." 

"I agree." Jasper said. 

"How much will she grow by the time Bella wakes up? She's going to miss... So much." Wysteria said. Rosalie nodded slowly.