➴ fifty-one: WHAT'S TO COME ➴

〖 chapter li: WHAT'S TO COME〗

Wysteria felt weirdly scared and melancholy as she shifted around in her uncomfortable fold out chair on in the gymnasium of her school

Wysteria felt weirdly scared and melancholy as she shifted around in her uncomfortable fold out chair on in the gymnasium of her school. Jacob lifted her hand, kissing it lightly and she smiled at him as she sighed and released some of the tension in her shoulders. "Is Leah nervous?" Wysteria said, looking to Seth on her left. Seth half smirked.

"Nope. She can't wait to get out of here." Seth said. Wysteria laughed and squeezed Jacob's hand a little tighter. 

"Why are you so nervous little red?" Jacob asked quietly. "You're not even the one who is graduating." Wysteria shrugged, eyeing the stage that had been set up in the gymnasium. The school gym wasn't big enough to hold the entire Rez but they were certainly going to try. Those who weren't sitting on the foldout chairs on the court were sitting up in the stands and even those had filled up already, so there was also just a bunch of people standing around waiting for the graduation to start.

"I don't know." Wysteria said. "Maybe I'm just nervous for the future. I hope our senior year is... Less stressful than the one our friends had." Jacob chuckled and kissed her forehead.

"I'm sure everything is going to be fine." Jacob said. 

"We'll see." Wysteria said. Jacob laughed and nudged her a little.

"You're usually more optimistic than this." Jacob said. Wysteria shrugged.

"I guess I'm just used to chaos now." Wysteria said. "Every year of high school has been a total roller coaster ride in so many ways and I really just want things to settle down." Wysteria paused. "I hope me saying that won't make a hellfire of problems rain down on us." Jacob snickered.

"You're so weird. Everything is going to be just fine Wysteria." He said, kissing her hand. Wysteria nodded as someone stepped up to the microphone and asked everyone to settle down and find seats if possible.

"The graduation ceremony will begin shortly." Wysteria sat up straighter and smiled. This week was the Quileute Graduation Ceremony where she would get to watch half of their pack get their diplomas and next week was the Pale Face Graduation where Wysteria would watch Bella get her diploma and watch the Cullens get their, probably, one hundredth diploma. She couldn't wait to see them graduate and for Bella's subsequent party afterwards.