➴ forty-seven: FIGHT AND FLIGHT ➴

〖 chapter xlvii: FIGHT AND FLIGHT〗

Wysteria was squeezing Alice's hand tightly

Wysteria was squeezing Alice's hand tightly. She still felt emotionally wrecked from her dream last night. After she had woken up, she spent the rest of the night tossing and turning and trying not to imagine Jacob or Bella or anyone she loved dead but right now her mouth was dry and she would give anything to see Jacob but it was still another half hour before he would come back. The rest of the wolves were lounging around in the sun behind Alice and Wysteria and the Cullen's were milling around, all looking off in the direction the newborns were seen to arrive from. 

If nobody knew any better, they might just think this was a weird supernatural gathering taking place. But Wysteria knew better and Wysteria was terrified. "Your hands are sweaty." Wysteria laughed.

"Excuse my sweaty human hands." Wysteria said, letting go of Alice's hand. Alice just laughed.

"Is your vision still the same?" Wysteria asked. Alice smiled gently at Dabria. 

"It is." Wysteria licked her lips and swallowed hard, trying to smile.

"Okay." Alice nodded lightly and looked off behind Wysteria. Wysteria glanced over her shoulder to see a large brown wolf lumbering out of the trees. Wysteria smiled immediately and walked towards her boyfriend. 

"Hey, I missed you." Wysteria said lightly, touching the top of his head, running one hand through his fur. Wysteria felt a lot safer with Jacob around. Jacob bumped his nose against her side and Wysteria shrugged. "I'm okay. It's just stressful.. The waiting." Wysteria rolled her eyes as Jacob snorted. "No I'm not looking forward to the fight. I just want it to be over with already." Wysteria looked back to Sam who was standing on his feet now and growling at the forest. "Alice." Wysteria called out. Alice looked towards her solemnly.

"They've arrived." Wysteria nodded and slowly walked with Jacob towards Leah who was pawing at the ground, itching to pounce on some newborns. Wysteria shook out her hands and shoulders as thunder rumbled overhead. They had long ago lost the advantage of her being some sort of secret weapon. Victoria had seen her on several occasions now and if Victoria was a little confused about who or what she was, then Riley's encounter with her would have definitely cleared a few things up.