➴ fifty: THIS SUMMER ➴

〖 chapter l: THIS SUMMER〗

Wysteria breathed out slowly, a smile on her face as she looked up at the Cullen household

Wysteria breathed out slowly, a smile on her face as she looked up at the Cullen household. Jacob laughed as he came around the front of the car and put his arm around her. "I can't believe I agreed to this." He said with a shake of his head. It had been exactly a week after their brush with the newborns and the Volturi, and Wysteria, The Cullen's, Bella and Jacob were about to celebrate with a dinner party.

"Will they be drinking out of blood bags or something?" Jacob had asked jokingly.

"If anything, they'd be dining on live deer or something." Wysteria said which made the color drain from Jacob's face. "What? Feel bad for Bambi's mom?"

"That movie traumatized me as a kid!" Jacob exclaimed, making Wysteria laugh.

"They won't stare at us while we eat right?" Wysteria shrugged.

"They'll probably have food in front of them too and they talk a lot. They'll ask a lot of questions. It's going to be fine." Jacob had huffed though, mumbling under his breath about how he didn't want the vampires to know anything about him. Which is why Wysteria was so surprised that she didn't have to convince Jacob to come. He was doing so willingly. The rest of the wolf pack had been invited but everyone had declined, except for Seth who was being forced to stay home, mostly by his parents and Leah who still didn't fully trust the Cullen's.

"Well, too late to back out now Jaybird." Wysteria said excitedly, moving out from under his arm before taking his hand and dragging him towards the door. Edward was opening it just as they climbed the stairs. "Where's Bella?" Wysteria asked with a smile.

"She's..." Edward chuckled. "Helping my mom in the kitchen."

"Did you put all the knives away?" Wysteria asked.

"Every last one of them."

"Good. We would hate to have another accident." Wysteria said with a grin.

"An accident?" Jacob said.

"Uhhh..." Wysteria didn't remember telling Jacob the reason why the Cullen's had left in the first place. She glanced over at Edward who shrugged. "I'll tell you later Jaybird. Come on, I'm starving."