↝ EPILOGUE: not another happy ending ↜

〖 EPILOGUE: not another happy ending 〗

4 Years Later

Wysteria shook out her hair, letting it fall down in loose waves from the tight braids she had had them up in all day. The flight back into the Reservation with Jacob had been a long one and Wysteria was looking forward to flopping onto her bed at home and passing out until the unforeseeable future. Jacob leaned towards her and kissed her forehead. Wysteria smiled sleepily as they wandered towards baggage claim. She clung to his arm tightly, letting him lead her around. "You're dragging your feet Redbird." He said with a laugh. "If you think I'm going to carry you out of here..."

"Well now that you mention it I would like you to carry me home please." Wysteria said with a grin, teasing him. "My wish is your command isn't it?" Jacob grinned at her.

"Yes ma'am." He said softly. She loosened her grip on his arm which Jacob then wrapped around her shoulders as she put his arms around him a bit possessively. During their college years, Wysteria had gotten pretty possessive of him, not that Jacob minded in the slightest but it irked Wysteria how many times she would find girls flirting with him, Jacob completely oblivious to how hard they were trying to impress him. Wysteria almost didn't want to let him out of her sight that first year they were at Eastview College in California. Jacob was attractive with an undercut and dark shaggy hair that he sometimes put into a bun if it was long enough. Usually it wasn't though. Jacob had kept it short because of the California weather, still promising to grow it out when they went back to Forks. Jacob also had more muscle than a normal eighteen year old should have and was the nicest person you would ever meet. Of course girls were falling all over themselves over him. Wysteria sometimes felt like she was fending off a puppy from a pack of snarling wolves instead of the other way around.

"You know I only have eyes for you." Jacob had said with a laugh, his arms wrapped tightly around her as he hugged her from behind while Wysteria poured herself another drink. They had been at one of those rare Eastview parties were the alcohol flowed consistently and people showed a lot of skin. Wysteria had just come upon Jacob talking to a girl who was very plainly suggesting they "go upstairs" to which Jacob had replied,