7

The same night continues:

It was raining continuosly outside. In a bengali family one can hear giggles, people chatting together in high pitch, the usual vibe of the night of wedding reception.. It was completely opposite in Ria's case....Both Koustav and Ria were lying sleeplessly...Her new pillow was the only one to embrace her tears.....She was sensible enough to not expect any lovey dovey reaction from her husband on the first night, but what she ever thought, was far away from this coldness. All her life she knew Koustav had  stubbornness too. While agreeing to this marriage ,she expected that he might be trying to moveon  with someone who knew his past.

Ria was missing her mother terribly this time.....she had lived without her parents for almost three years during her college years.....but those three years never felt this tough like this night....she was hoping this night to end...so that she could call her.....her voice would only give her heart some soothing.............

She almost slept  while she heard a strange groan. At first she thought it was coming from outside...then the  sound increased. Ria searched for her phone beside her pillow, switched the torch on and went to the switch board.....this room was new to her, after trying twice, she switched the lights on....She saw Koustav was groaning holding his pillow with all his strength....She could not decided what to do at that moment.

Taking a deep breath, Ria nudged Koustav's shoulder lightly, he did not budge....after a few more trying....Koustav opened his eyes suddenly.....he saw her hand on his shoulder and Ria had  never seen  Koustav with this much anger....he was glaring at her.......

Koustav: What? Why are you here ? Why did you wake me up?         Couldn't you understand what I told you a while ago? Can't I expect this little peace from you?

Ria was shocked , she could not made up what to tell him....

Ria: You were groaning loudly....I thought you were in some sort of pain....so I woke you up..to fix you....Do you need anything?

Koustav: Dont get bothered by me.....mind your own things.....I will start sleeping in my old room from tomorrow......that will give me some peace.....And no one can give me what I need....not now..not ever...

Ria turned around and sat on the sofa,switching the lights off.....Sleep engulfed her eyes this time soon.....her body and mind were too tired and confused to function properly........

The next day:

A loud knock on the door woke Ria up, her whole body was still tired....her long hair was messy..she managed herself somehow and went to open the door....and found Mita( her MIL) there.....she came to call both of them for breakfast.....her voice woke Koustav as well.

As soon as Mita left, Koustav was gone from this room too. Ria sighed....firstly she arranged her saree and kept it along with Koustav's kurta after folding those properly. She sat on the dressing table, called her mother while applying some vermilion on her hair partition......the hot shower failed to relax her nerves but her mother's voice did the magic.......She was looking at herself, the sankha-pola clad hands and the vermilion she wore, were all for Koustav's sake......She definitely looked different....She was no more the old herself........

Ria was still in her thoughts, when Titli came to that room.....they started chatting. While coming downstairs, Ria saw that Koustav was already having his breakfast with his father.....her mother in law was busy in cooking with their help Binni.....Ria noticed that Koustav ate much lesser than before....she did not wanted to face him or his anger at that moment, her MIL saw her standing there and told her to sit in the dining table...Binni came and served her with a smiling face....Koustav smoothly left the table and disappeared while going upstairs.......Ria heaved a sigh and started eating....at least this food uplifted her mood a bit....finishing the food, she went to kitchen,kept the dishes and asked her MIL if she needed her help. Mita smiled looking at her.....she knew she had done the best for his stubborn son.

----------
MIL- Mother in law
Sakha-pola---bangles worn by bengali    woman as a symbol of marriage.

___________________

Hey loves,
Thanks for giving this book a chance. Please do vote this story, comment and share your thoughts with me....it means a lot to me....you can message me any suggestions as well.......♥️♥️