41

Ujaan came to the nearest mall to grab his liquors. After many years, he bit his house help,he was repeating what his parents used to. His headache was too much to handle today. He could not go near her again........ Another day,without seeing her from near.

"Is she alright? Does that idiot really look after her?",he kept saying in his mind while looking for the bottle of scotch. The bottle was kept on the lower shelf,so he had to squat down. Not looking upwards, he stood up after taking the bottle in his hand. But while getting up his head bumped into someones's back. Mentally cursing himself, he looked at the person.

In front of him was a man in his late-forties. Ujaan didn't need to apologise as the man fixed his specs and said sorry first. Ujaan smiled at him and pulled his trolley apart. He was going ahead,when his eyes caught something. A woman with a baby on her shoulder, was discussing what to buy with the man. She looked at him, and his head spun in shock.

Snigdha stood in front of him. Almost after 7 years had passed, a lot has changed in her appearance, Ujaan kept looking at her with wide eyes. But she took a opposite turn and started to walk towards the next section.

Ujaan steadied too with his trolley, as the couple walked faster,he couldn't control himself and he called by her name loudly. She kept walking,but the man turned and looked at him, "You know her? "and stopped her from going far.

Snigdha turned and looked at her husband saying,"what?who?".Only then a teenager boy came running beside her shaking her spare hand many times.She looked at the kid and nodded her head in yes and he went in the neighbouring section."This gentleman called by your name. Do you know each other?",he asked.

Ujaan did not hear his words, he mentally face-palmed looking her with two kids. Faking a smile, she came forward.

"Hey...hi...you are Snigdha right?",Ujaan asked flashing a grin.

She didn't answer anything. Just stood there returning a smile."Remember me?",he added not getting a proper reply.

"Why not?",she spoke and passed her bag to her husband. Till this moment the man was looking at the two, not getting anything. He had not seen any friends or distant relatives of his wife in this 7 years. She was a perfect housewife, he sometimes thought that she had cut down the whole world for the sake of his family. He always wanted to know more of her.

So,he came forward and shook Ujaan's hand,"I'm Himadri, her husband and you are?"

"Ujaan, her close friend.", Before Ujaan could answer anymore, Himadri insisted for a coffee. He himself had no idea, what a disaster he was inviting inside his life. Snigdha just followed them when the men talked and Himadri felt odd as instead of Snigdha,they two talked.

In the coffeeshop, they chose a table of four. Her older son was busy in his book,after ordering, seeing her still not talking, Himadri asked,"Are you alright? Not talking to your friend!"
Snigdha passed her daughter to her older son and sent him to the aquarium.

"There is not much to say....actually there is absolutely nothing for me to say to him.",she declared with a confident look towards Ujaan. His wide smile slowly started to fade away.Now Himadri silenced himself hearing Ujaan saying," But I've a lot....I'm sorry for what I did years ago....but you don't deserve what you are into....such a fat,old husband, two kids without any career....what you've done to yourself?". Hearing it Snigdha smiled and was going to pay the bill and get out of there. Himadri just followed her with two of his kids. He was aged enough not to poke his nose into this situation anymore.Ujaan stopped her midway,"Can we please talk? I'm dying to talk to you for years?" ,"Only for two minutes more.",he pleaded. She paid the bill and they got out. Ujaan followed them like a lost puppy. Now Snigdha stood in front of him," You just said some absurd,rubbish words.....I heard them all....but I don't think you deserve any of my replies . What else is there to ask and say anymore?"