38

"Ma,where are others?",Ria asked while having her dinner. "You eat first, think of others later.",Koustav butted in.

"You two finish up, then I'll call them and I'll take my plate to my room.", hearing Mita's mumbling, Ria could not stop herself from asking, "why?"

"I'll tell you later. Now go and sleep. Both of you.",she added and entered her kitchen.

As Ria climbed upstairs, Koustav followed her. "So when are we going tomorrow?"came her voice.

Koustav opened the door and pulled her inside," That depends on how you feel tomorrow!",his words remained unfinished as Ria pecked on his sideburns.

Definitely she was craving for him. He could feel it. He quickly went to the side table to grab her medicines and passed them to her.She started to gulp them one by one. In the meantime,Titli came to her room,"How are you now? You made us so worried!",seeing her asking Ria murmured about her being alright and saw him going outside to receive a phone call. Titli stayed for some time and asked for Ria's help in her assignments.

Koustav closed the door as Titli went out of their room. He was exhausted and the medicines clearly made her snoozy. Turning off the lights, they slept. After seven restless nights, Ria felt safe beside him. His nightmares too ditched him tonight leaving him in her secure embrace.

The early morning alarm which Koustav had set last night kept ringing beside Ria. She rolled out of the bed seeing Koustav already half done with his clothes." Why didn't you wake me up?",Ria called from the bathroom.

Ria saw him coming towards her, he checked her face and whispered, "As I was not sure how you will be feeling now." His concerns made her feel good.

After getting ready in a rush, Ria came outside of the house. Koustav was checking the car tires. "Where is your purse?", Koustav enquired while fastening his seat belt. "There is no need to bring it as you are already here.",replied Ria with a grin.

Koustav knew Ria never even left for her home too without her purse. Even he had seen her going to the local market with it. He was sure the messages from Ujaan were bothering her and she was trying her best to dump those filthy proposals.

All the way as he drove the car, he kept on checking her. She looked better than yesterday. Just after parking in front of the gate. He stood beside the passenger door as she climbed down from her seat." Lets meet him first, then we've to meet Parimal uncle." Hearing him saying Ria scrunched up her eye brows, "Who is that Parimal uncle?"

"The doctor who checked you up. It is your follow up today.", Koustav replied and grabbed her right hand. "Look down carefully where you walk. The ground is wet."and Koustav went into his calm,reserved self. But he still kept walking holding her hand in a tight grip.His hand gave her colder one the much needed warmth. Her presence gave him the mental strength to meet his own baby. "Didn't you bring anything today?", Ria asked.

"No. I generally come here with gifts only on his birthday. Come,that way.",he guided.

He stood straight just beside the Chatim tree as she sat on her knees to clean the leaves. "Can't they clean it? Don't they get paid?" ,Ria asked looking at him. He was looking at the tree. Her voice broke his trance, he slowly sat under the tree." The tree has grown so much. Both of them are of almost same age. Its blooming. Isn't it beautiful?", Koustav responded. She kept looking at the tree.

Ria picked up some flowers from the ground, and placed them on his grave

"This place gives me peace, Koustav. I feel sad, as I could never see or hold him. But it seems he is always there. A baby, a part of the person whom I love the most.", she added. "Thanks for bringing me here. How do you get the strength to come here?"

"At first ,for any parent, it is heart breaking to see his/ her child resting here.".This place was already making her emotional, but hearing Koustav expressing his thoughts made her more sad. Even she couldn't understand the reason behind her sadness.

"But when your partner thinks like you. It gets easier."

They didn't speak for some time. After a while Koustav's phone started to ring. He answered it and helped her to stand up. She started walking silently. They soon climbed on the car.

He started to drive after ending the call.
"I contacted an old friend of mine. Asked him about that guy. You should have known him well before being friends with him. He may seem handsome and all but he has anger issues. Even his parents don't live with him for his life style. All I can say you now......use an alternative number along with your old one. Just don't pass it to anyone else than our family."

Ria just sat in the car gawking at him. He cleared his voice and carried on driving. Soon the car stopped at a signal. Koustav looked at his side, Ria was looking outside."Do you think, Romy likes him? If so, he may be using her too."

Ria's mind was too full to respond. She sat quietly inside. After another two or three minutes later, the car reached infront of a place just near their home.

"Come." ,Koustav mumbled before getting out of the car.He accompanied her inside the house.

Parimal knew the basus' from his teenage time. He even was too fond of Koustav when he was a baby.

Parimal's assistant took them to him. After checking Ria for some time, he asked her about her medical history. Koustav kept listening how she suffered  from jaundice when she was two years old ,or about the left hand fracture,for  which he was half responsible. Parimal suggested them some more tests and politely asked her to wait outside while he stopped Koustav and declared," I'm 98% sure that you two are going to deal with diapers,shits and vomits just after 36weeks." Parimal smiled and added further,"the rest 2% will be confirmed through tests.  Tell Sumit da ,I want sweets at first." .Koustav not believing what he said inaudiably ,"But she took emergency contraceptive. How is it possible uncle?"

"They are not fully effective always......don't tell her anything now. Keep her out of stress. Just wait for the test results.Show me the results ASAP",the doctor replied.

Koustav stood their not getting what he was told. He smiled with his eyes full of tears. "Idhant" he kept on reciting in his mind "the light of our lives."On the other hand Ria was getting restless waiting outside. Koustav  used his handkerchief to wipe his face and came outside of the room in his usual way.

"Lets go", he said and kept his hand on the little back of her and took her outside. Too mesmerized with his sudden touch, Ria forgot to ask about what the doctor said. She just walked and came home by the car.

Koustav entered the house after parking the car. Meanwhile he took the time to call the local centre to collect the samples from her for the tests.

On reaching the room, she entered the washroom to shower. Getting outside, she found Koustav standing on the side of the windows.

"Need something?",came Ria's voice pulling him from his thoughts." I was thinking of stuffs to be bought for my parents.Pujo is just a week ahead.  I need to shop", Koustav replied with a glee in his eyes. Ria noticed Koustav's eyes were lively back like her teenage years.

"Should I come with you?",Ria was dying inside to go with him. She could not afford to miss a moment with him.

"Have lunch,then we'll go.",he agreed and left taking her phone with him.

According to his assumption, no messages arrived. Koustav heaved a sigh of relief.

Mita was not home,she went somewhere with Nilima. Binni had an off day too.So, Ria had to cook lunch today. Taking Titli with them ,the trio went shopping.

"Dizziness has been my all time friend now!",Ria chuckled going inside the shop. Titli was over phone with someone." More on the way", Koustav shrugged and gave her a sly grin. Being confused Ria kept walking.

_________________________________________

Hey loves! Thanks for being here. Please DO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE as it encourages the writer. I'd love to know your suggestions regarding the book. STAY SAFE. BE HAPPY.SPREAD GOOD VIBES. TAKE CARE.♥️♥️♥️♥️