As the golden afternoon danced on the land, Melpomeni slept soundly.
Graceful Hera had found a man that caught her eye, a beautiful one who was witty and sharp, Hortensias, great match for bold Melpomeni, and she sent him on his way to see her.

Unbeknownst to her plan, Hortensias and his strange sister, Arius, made their way to the grand home of Generous Cassius, seeking shelter and food for they had walked many days.
They where traveling to Sparta where Sharp Hortensias wanted to join the army where they where readying for war, and his sister would stay back. She only joined him to make sure he got there safe.

They stopped at the entrance of the grand house and knocked, a maid opened the painted door and was shocked to see strangers and called for Generous Cassius.

He made way to the door and Hortensias introduced himself with his quick and sure voice:
"Greetings, stranger, you have the grandest of houses and seeing so, I thought you may be generous enough to help my sister and I, for we haven't slept in days and have been fasting."
And thus saying Generous Cassius stood high with a smile and spoke:
"I would be honored to be of help to you stranger, come in and after you have tasted food and drink, tell me of what men are you and from where you came."
And thus saying, he ordered his grave housekeeper to make food and prepare beds for the strangers.

Hortensias and Arius sat at the large, crafted table, where the housekeeper set out bread, and maids laid foods of many a kind, all in their store, and a young man mixed and poured dark wine into lovely silver goblets, worth much as Hortensias could tell, and the trickster of the gods, Hermes, put a thought in Hortensias's mind to steal, but he wouldn't because it would be heavy on his heart that he wronged a generous man and his family.
Then a maid called to the honored wife, Ocrates, and daughter, Melpomeni, of Generous Cassius.
As they entered upon the room, Hortensias marveled at the sight of the loved daughter.
"Never have I laid eyes upon a mortal woman so lovely!" Arius spoke, truly amazed with the woman. Though for Arius, unfortunately, was poor to look upon, despite her brother being with such beauty.
And so spoke the lovely mortal woman:
"I thank you stranger, please help yourselves to whatever it be you need. " And saying so they feasted on abundant food.
And after they had their fill of food and drink, Hortensias spoke to Generous Cassius and thus said: "You have asked what men we are and where it is that we came, and I'll tell you. I am Hortensias, son of Kordeus, and here is my sister, Arius, daughter of Kordeus. I am sent from Achaea to join the Spartans against Athenians, for I have had my fill on their wrong doings and enslaving my people! I may only be one man, but one man is the death of another. "
And thus saying, Generous Cassius spoke with a hearty laugh: "For a man so young, you speak fitly friend. When the early morning rises, I will have you chariot and horse ready, the swiftest I have, so that you may reach Sparta quick as the Speedy-comer Hermes!"
And to herself Melpomeni thought of her prayer, 'Might this be the man I have asked for, though he leaves, perhaps this is what the goddesses gave? Tonight I shall ask him.'

"Come now Cassius and let us sleep, so that our guests may rest as well." Ocrates ordered. He and his wife left the well-crafted table and bid everyone goodnight as everyone left, desiring rest.

Except for Bold Melpomeni who waited for the house to settle, and snuck her way like a mouse to Sharp Hortensias's room.
Without warning, she opened the lovely painted door to reveal the graceful man, who was shocked to see her enter.
And asked the beautiful woman:
"Might I speak with you?"

"It is not right for you to be here at this hour." Said Hortensias from his sat up position.
But Bold Melpomeni did not care for his words as she made way to him, a determined look in her eyes.
"The gods have sent you to me! O lovely Aphrodite and Graceful Hera, I thank you for bringing to me my wish!" She gave a gay smile, one that could charm any one to witness it.

Sharp Hortensias was, if possible,  ever more shocked with the woman.
And thus he spoke: "What is it that you mean the gods sent me? I came of my own will."

And in answer spoke Bold Melpomeni: "No, no, friend, hearken, I prayed to the gods to send to me a man to marry, that I would not be able to love. And such a handsome one they chose for me, it will be a struggle to not love you, for you have a women's favorite face."
Sharp Hortensias did not have a fast reply as his normal witty self would.
Nonetheless, replied to her with his own worrisome tone: "I believe you, but I cannot marry you, though you are such a stunning sight, I am only focused on leaving here, your great home, so that I may join the Spartan and return to my own. Now leave me to rest and one day let us hope we meet again. "

But Bold Melpomeni cared not for his words, for she had decided in her mind that she would stay with him.
Thus spoke Bold Melpomeni:
"And if we never meet again? I die a lonely fool and you in battle, or a war hero? Let me come with you."

Hortensias placed a hand on his chest and let out a hearty laugh:
"And what will you do then? Fight along side me or join my dear sister in the city? What would your Father think of this? I couldn't let you come with me either way. "
Bold Melpomeni huffed in her frustration towards the man:
"Do not mock me, for I know the gods have sent you, and be beside you I will. My dear father would take some persuading to let me leave with you, but it can be done, and it will. I will have maids wake me early and we will leave together."
And thus saying Melpomeni left the room of Hortensias, him being utterly surprised and ever more exhausted, he fell asleep.