As the rosy hued morning woke, so did the young man and women by the old couple.
Whence they woke, they boarded their chariot and asked for directions to where the army was, and as they left, Arius, daughter of Kordeus, stayed behind and bid her brother goodbye and she prayed for him to be kept safe by the gods, the ones that hold the open sky.

And Hortensias and Melpomeni made way to the general and tied the horses to a tree whence they had made their destination.
And Hortensias asked to the beautiful woman:
"Let us find the general who will give us our orders. I have forgot to ask you before, but how well are you with a sword?"
And thus she replied: "I do not know very well with one, but I have prayed for the protection of the Strong-willed goddess, Pallas Athena, and she will teach me all I know with courage. "

And this scared Hortensias, because she was being so fearless.
And replied to her a man in the armor of the Spartans : "The words of a fearless fighter! Come now friends and let me get you armor, greatful we Spartans are for the extra help. "
And so the duo followed behind the tall and stout man.
And he brought them to a small, stone columned building and lead them inside, showing them the racks of helmets and swords, and he gave them breast plates and a maroon cloak to hang about the shoulders.
"So that the Athenians will never see Spartan blood. " He said about the cloaks with a grin, clear to the duo that he was proud and fervent.
And he left them to get dressed.

They strode out of the stone columned building and into the daylight as their golden armor glistened in the early morning sun, and around them soldiers where walking about and packing material and such and laughter is ubiquitous throughout the lot of them.
Then said the beautiful woman:
"Turn around so I can get a good look at you. "
And Hortensias faced her, hand on hip as he posed, showing off his muscular legs and arms.
"You look so handsome and stout." Chirped the woman.
And Hortensias laughed as he looked at her: "Yes, godlike I am, and you are so dainty, look at your legs!"
And she huffed and placed her own hands on her hips and spat: "Yes well, I am the most beautiful of us. And you cannot compare in face to me. "
And scoffed Hortensias with humor: "My dear, you and I both know that is a lie, for I am the most beautiful of us."
And laughed Melpomeni : "Your own sister said I was the most beautiful woman she had seen, mortal or immortal. Do not envy me because of it."