13

Leodius was announcing the plan that he put together to end this war once and for all.
One group of 300 men would go through the pass of mountains, whilst the other group of 200 men would walk to the Athenian king and announce their next combat location. Melpomeni and Hortensias being in the larger group of men. (Cliche?)
Leodius bid his men goodnight and everyone left to their tents, desiring rest.
Melpomeni spoke to Hortensias: "Do you really believe that this next combat will truly end it all?"
And he straightway replied: "I believe in Leodius's word, but it is up to fate of who will win.
I trust in the gods to watch over us. "
And whence they reached their building, Hortensias lay himself down to sleep. Melpomeni leaned above him and kissed each of his beautiful eyes.
Hortensias felt loved, and this gave him peaceful sleep.

Leaving the camp, an Athenian walked wearing Spartan armour he obtained from from a fallen soldier. He now knew of Leodius's plan and was going to inform Xerxes.

Whence the soldier arrived back to his own camp, he removed the Spartan armour and bathed himself, so he could be presented to the king.
Xerxes kept placid as this common man presented himself before him and the soldier bowed at the kings feet and clasped his knees.
And thus kings Xerxes spoke: "Up, tell me, are you of my own men? And are you of my immortals? If none, then why have you come?"
And thus the soldier straightway answered: "My king, I am of your men, though I am not one of your immortals. I have come to inform you of this next battle, I have information I believe you will gladly accept. "
And king Xerxes waves his brazen staff towards the man and he added: "I sneaked into the camp of the Spartans and their leader has said he will be sending men through the pass of mountains, and sending another group of men to you to explain the next combat will be in the pass. "
Xerxes raised a smile on his pink face and thus cheered: "This news is accepted by me. Whence that fool, Leodius, faces me, I will ambush him, and I will send men through those passes to kill off the rest of his men. I feel the gods have blessed me!"

King Xerxes sent his soldier back to his tent and began plotting his plan for this next fight, he had a great feeling that he would burn the Spartans to the ground.