Inches, feet, meters and centimeters

^^Isa^^

"Isa, get up!" My dad yells me awake. "Ugh, why?" I ask while turning around, pulling the covers over my head. "I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you have to go to school," he sighs while pulling my blankets off of me. I try to grab them but he had already thrown them to the other side of the room.

"Sometimes I really hate you," I mumble at him while giving him my deadliest glare. "I love you too, now get up and get ready, you have 20 minutes," he says while walking up the stairs.

I grab some clothes and run to the bathroom on the 2nd floor. After a very quick shower, I throw on my clothes and meet my dad at the kitchen table. I could smell the freshly baked eggs, toast and the coffee before even walking through the door.

"Smells good," I greet my dad and give him a kiss on the cheek. I grab a cup of coffee before joining him on the other side of the kitchen counter. "So are you ready to start at a new school?" My dad asks carefully knowing it was a sensitive subject. I smile at him and nod. "Yes, I just don't get why I have to go to school so soon. I mean we just arrived a few days ago," I say while taking a sip from my coffee.

"It's better to be the new girl on the first day then the new girl a week in," my dad says while putting some toast and eggs on a plate. He walks around the kitchen counter and sets the plate in front of me. "And I don't want you to keep the routine, it's important," he says while kissing me on the top of my head.

I know he is right but that doesn't mean I like it. I eat my breakfast as fast as I can, once I'm done I put my dishes in the dishwasher. I run back to my room to get my backpack. I see my songbook laying next to my bed, I shove it into my backpack before heading back upstairs.

"Bye dad, I need to go before I get there too late," I yell at him while heading to the front door. "Wait, before you leave I got something for you," my dad says while rushing out of the kitchen. I arch my brow at him curious as to what he got me this time. He always has these weird surprises from time to time, not that I'm complaining or anything, but he needs to spend the money on the things that really matter.

"Catch," he says while throwing something my way. I catch it and look at my hand, only to find a set of keys there. "Those are the keys to the house," he says smiling. "And your surprise is outside."

I don't move and just keep looking at him to tell me what it was, instead he pushes me out the door. "Make sure you wear the helmet," he yells after me. He slams the door close and leaves me there frozen. Wait, did he just say wear a helmet?

I slowly turn around to see what he was referring to. The moment my eyes land on the surprise my eyes widen and I think I forgot how to breathe for a few seconds.

There stood a matt black Suzuki GSX-S750Z. The bike I wanted to buy since I got my license, but I knew I couldn't afford it. How did my dad find out that I wanted this motorcycle? I never told him about my dream bike.

"I love you, dad. You're the best," I yell to the house knowing my dad was somewhere hiding and watching my reaction.

I walked around the motorcycle and took in the beautiful beast. I grinned and put on the helmet that was waiting for me on the steering wheel. This bike matched my current outfit perfectly. My black ripped jeans, black shirt, leather jacket and let's not forget my favourite white Adidas sneakers with black stripes.