Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Sleep wasn't coming to her tonight. Saiqa Ahmed was walking back and forth in her room. She desperately wished her husband to be alive today so that he can handle the mess created by their son.

Maier didn't tell the truth. She knew it. Being his mother she easily figured out the exchange of glances between Maier and Arsam and the way he told everything not looking into her eyes, she knew he was lying.

She has to wait for the girl to be awake. Only she can tell what has happened? and if they were really married or not? But she has to talk to Maryam's parents and annul the marriage. It wasn't late. 11:45 they must be awake and celebrations would be going on in full swing. Pondering over she decided to dial Maryam's mother.

"Assalam O Alaikum" she heard at the other end and Saiqa was wordless

"Hello Saiqa"

"Y.. Wa Alaikum uss Salam, I hope I'm not disturbing you"

"No .. not at all but anything urgent you called at this hour?" How should she tell, how can she break the dreamland of the girl who is going to get married in a day by telling that her would be husband had gotten married to some random girl to save her so called dignity.

"Zahra Jee I am ... I am sorry but we will not be able to ... to be at your place f ... for we... wedding" Sighing she let it go anticipating the reaction

"Are you telling me that you're calling this wedding off just one day before marriage?" The apprehension and anger were clear in the voice of Maryam's mother

"Ac .. actually yes" In her life Saiqa never speak meekly to anyone but her own pride, her son made her do this

And then she listened all the ranting and cursing of Maryam's mother patiently but this at least lessen the burden of being embarrassed in front of the whole society.

____________________

"Anabia Taimoor, daughter of Taimoor Ali, do you accept Maier Affandi as your husband against 10,000 as your haq mehar (dower)?"

"I do"

"You don't exist for me anymore, I've just one daughter"

"You don't exist for me anymore"

"ABI" Her eyes shot open as she screamed her father's name. For a moment she tried to register her surroundings. She looked around and her eyes fell on the sleeping figure next to her. The reality dawned on her

"So Mrs Maier Affandi how are you feeling? Do you still mind me touching you?"

Mrs Maier Affandi

Mrs Maier Affandi

She let out a gasp as tears made their way to her cheeks. She tried to get up but the stinging pain at the back of her hand took her attention there. Her eyes roamed from IV Butterfly on her hand to the ringer on the IV stand. She sat down and stopped the drip. Removing line from the branula she applied the stopper.

Getting up, setting her dupatta, she came to the other side of the bed as frenzy overtook her. In a swift motion she pulled the blanket away from him and it surely wake him up.

"Wake up Maier Affandi"

He peered at her with his eyes half opened, "What's your problem?" he was about to pull the blanket over himself when snatching it she threw it aside on the floor

"HOW CAN YOU SLEEP SO PEACEFULLY RUINING MY LIFE!"

Enraged, coming out of the bed he grabbed her wrist and dragged her to the walk in closet