37 [deal]

Byul almost gets a heart attack as the first thing she sees as she opens her eyes is Yunho's face hovering near hers.

The latter gets shocked too as he quickly straightens up and blurts, "Please- please don't misunderstand. I wasn't trying to do anything to you."

"What- what do you- you mean-" she gets herself out from under the blankets and from Hwayoung's embrace then scoots further from him, nearing the edge of the bed. Hwayoung is still sleeping soundly on one side, her face serene.

"I wasn't trying to do anything to you," he repeats. "I was trying to wake Hwayoung up to get ready for kindergarten but she had her arms around you. I didn't want to disturb you so I was trying to lift up her arms without waking you up." He sighs, "Now that I hear myself talking, it sounds like a bad excuse now, doesn't it?"

"It doesn't," she says, but it's full of uncertainty even when she says it, and her actions come with her tone as she distances herself further from him. "I mean sure I trust-" she doesn't get to finish her sentence as she yelps and tumbles backwards and onto the floor, pulling the blanket together with her. "Ouch," is all she can say as she disappears from view.

Yunho rushes to the other side of the bed, quickly kneeling beside her as he untangles the blanket from her and asks, "Are you okay?"

"Obviously I'm not," she squeaks. "I think I hit my head against the wall and some memories escaped me." She frowns and stays silent for a while. "Okay I remember my name at least, that's good."

Yunho chuckles but when he sees the scars on her arms peeking out from under her sleeves he clears his throat. She has taken off the bandages she had to go around with since the first day, as the wounds are closing up and healing. He looks to the side and catches Hwayoung already woken up, propping up her elbows and resting her chin on her palms, a dreamy smile on her face as she watches on the two adults.

He realizes what his daughter is thinking of so before the little kid gets to say anything, he quickly instructs, "Hwayoung, you need to shower and get ready for kindergarten. I already ironed your uniform, so wear the one I hung up in your wardrobe, okay?"

She gives a cheeky smile to the two of them before nodding. "Okay, dad. Good morning, Byul-ie!" She jumps off the bed, runs to the bathroom with Yunho reminding her to be careful.

He shakes his head when he sees that Hwayoung remains with the cheeky smile as she slowly closes the door, looking back and forth between the two adults. He gets up while holding the blanket so that he's able to fold it neatly, his eyes following Byul as she stands up after him.

Byul trips over her left foot and ends up stumbling backwards onto the bed, but not before she finds purchase to stop the impact - pulling the blanket held by Yunho until both of them are sprawled on the furniture in a position that would bring a misunderstanding to anyone.

And it does.

"Really guys? Right here in Hwayoung's bedroom with the door open? You could've you know, control your hormones and not rub it in the faces of single people like me. Get your own room!" Yeosang appears at the door, in the process of wearing an apron. "Yunho, I was looking for you because Seonghwa wanted to know what Hwayoung would want for her lunchbox, and I come to this rated scene."

"Shut up, it's not what you think it is," Byul whimpers as she pushes Yunho off her, causing him to roll to the floor with a sea of blanket around him. "We fell."

"You tripped, Yunho fell on top of you and you ended up tangled in bed. Sure Byul, whatever you say. I can trust a friend," he smirks, "or not."

"It's true!" Yunho says a bit too loudly from the floor, trying to get off from being tangled with the blanket. The tips of his ears are red as he rolls the blanket into a ball and rears back his hand to throw it towards Yeosang. It sails above Byul's head and lands on the target's face who didn't have time to duck.