41 [chaos]

"Yeosang stop hitting him with your skateboard- no San, stop checking out your reflection every second or so, you're already looking good! Wooyoung please tell me you know how to use the camera or else we're going to have to change the fake photographer- Mingi where are- oh thank god you're here, now where's our youngest- oh there he is- is that a freaking watermelon? Right, right, Seonghwa stop saying that gun is your baby- Yunho stop poking your eye and try to wear those contact lens right- oh dear what are we-"

Hongjoong is looking stressed out as he directs everyone from the side to prepare for the mission, but it's looking more like a bunch of preschool kids getting too excited on their first day of school. He's not taking care of himself anymore as he's running around trying to get things in order, the glasses he has on sliding further down on the bridge of his nose until it's not sitting on the same level as his eyes. He pushes them up with his shoulder, his hands wheeling out the rack of clothes they're going to don on for the evening, courtesy of Yeosang's fashion evaluation. He takes out a red velvet suit and pulls Yunho, holding the clothes against him.

"Stop trying to wear the contact lenses, Yunho! Have someone else put them on for you, now go and change, we don't have much time." He practically shoves him into the changing room before pulling out a matching long-sleeved red satin dress, putting in more care as he gives them to Byul. "Yeosang rented this dress especially for you, and it wasn't that nice on our wallets, so please take care of this and don't rip anything."

"I won't promise anything," she says sneakily before disappearing into the changing room, and shouts from behind the curtain, "What if we have to escape and I'm left with no choice but to tear the lower part of the dress to run?"

Hongjoong massages the bridge of his nose as he closes his eyes. "Now we'll have to make sure that doesn't happen. If not, we have to pay the whole price of the dress and we're going to have to cut down on our food budget."

"No," Jongho exclaims from behind his own curtain. "Not the food budget."

"Got it," Byul replies. "No ripping the dress, or food budget gets cut."

The rest of them wait for the main players to emerge from behind the curtains, their hearts beating fast as they anticipate the transformation of the three. Three chairs are all ready for them to do their makeup and put on more accessories to put more weight on their disguises. Yeosang is the most anxious as this is his speciality; he has been dressing them up for as long as he can remember. If their disguises don't work, it could bring down the whole mission, so the burden is definitely heavy on him.

Yunho and Jongho step out of their dressing rooms first, wearing suits that are curated exactly as what the personas they're taking would wear. Careful observations have been made to ensure that this is as close as they can get to the real person, hoping that an inconsistency in their fashion presentation won't be the reason the mission will turn into a failure.

According to Yeosang's study, Sir Edin's style is garish, as he'd like to tell everyone he's the richest of the richest. Necklaces and rings are his favourites, the encrusted jewellery reaching more than a thousand chromas. On the other hand, the much older Min Gunhoo has no regards in fashion, wearing only what he knows as branded items, but not caring whether one thing matches the other or not. As long as the items are expensive and have a name, he will put them on his body. These are all the best Yeosang can get from his research, and they are, by the end of the day, banking on the fact that none of them actually knows how the other is in real life.

There is a moment of anticipation for Byul to come out of her dressing room. According to her, whatever Madam Tang's fashion sense is, is what she never wears simply because she can't afford it. She's scared that she won't be able to exude the taste of 'expensiveness' because she doesn't know how it's supposed to taste like.