chapter 15

"You're looking hyped today, what happened?" Cassie asked Laura as soon as she spotted her drinking her coffee, a smile stretched over her face and eyes twinkling of happiness.

"Hey! I missed you" Laura stood up and hugged tightly her best friend.

"Whoa. I miss you too, but you're suffocating me" Laura rolled her eyes, and let go of Cassie. They sat across each other and Cassie ordered a cup of coffee, while waiting for her order she asked Laura.

"So tell me what happened?"

"I want you to go shopping with me today"

"Of course I will go with you, you know I'm addicted to shopping, " Cassie said while pushing carelessly her hair over her shoulder.

"Thank you" Laura smiled sheepishly

"Is that what got you so hyped up?" Cassie narrowed her eyes .

"Um... we're shopping for some lingerie" Laura lowered her eyes, it took a couple of seconds for the words to register on Cassie's mind and she screeched.

"Oh my god, you're going to sleep with Colton" Laura buried her face in her hands and looked around her and saw shocked and petrified looks on people's faces.

"Seriously Cassie" Laura whined. Her best friend looked at the people that were gawking at her and raised an eyebrow at them while saying loudly.

"It's not like you've never done it". Cassie shrugged

"Shut up" Laura said harshly. Cassie turned her attention to Laura and smiled warmly.

"I'm so happy for you. Colton is a good man Laura, I liked him from the first time I saw him, you deserve this, after all what you've been through". Laura's eyes filled with tears." Hey!! Why are you crying?" Cassie asked

"I just feel that's too good to be true, my relationship with Colton is over the moon, he loves me Cassie and I feel so bad to hide my past with nick from him, he wants me to meet his mom, he told me that she was so eager to meet me" Laura sniffed "and then when I think about my own mother, the one who call me only to ask if I ever got back to nick."she added.

"Laura..." Cassie was cut by her best friend.

"You know what. I'm going to tell Colton about nick, he's taking me to his cottage on the weekend, I think that's the right moment to tell him the truth" determination was written on Laura's eyes. Cassie put her hand over Laura's hand.

"That's the right thing to do, you should tell him. This is the least that you could do to him"

"but what if he doesn't want me anymore, why would he want a divorced woman while a hundred of girls are there, it's just so embarrassing to me to say this to him, I know it's not my fault that he cheated, but nick's betrayal" she took a long breath" nick's betrayal did a number on me, on my confidence, on how I feel as a woman, Colton is the first man I ever trusted, and loved after him , and I feel like if I confront him, he won't feel the same anymore, especially that I was married to his business partner. Colton went through a lot to get his company to its feet, and I don't want his dream to expand his company to collapse.

"Don't worry about his company, it's your relationship that you should worry about, plus I guarantee to you that you come first than his company, he did well all those years without nick, so don't worry about that" Cassie said.

"okay, okay I will tell him everything on the weekend" she smiled faintly

"Come on let's go and buy some sexy lingerie " Cassie beamed while wriggling her eyebrows.