Chapter26

Hello everyone thank you for your feedback on my last chapter. i dedicate this chapter to   jrogul . Thank you for reading my story and for your feedback.

if you want me to dedicate my next chapter to you just comment and vote on this chapter. i love you all and hope you like this chapter.

Laura was standing in front of her parent's house. It looked beautiful from the outside, very enticing. It makes you dream to live in a mansion like this, but Laura always hated this house. She had more bad memories than happy ones. She was so happy to go to college just to escape this place, and when she graduated, her father asked her to return home, but luckily there was nick, she kind of used him to not stay at her parent's house. Laura didn't hate her parents. She loved them, especially her father, and he was the only reason she came here, mainly just to check on him.

Holding on her good memories that she spent in her parent's house, she walked towards the house. Despite the years she lived there, she felt like a stranger when she stood in front of the door.

"Maybe I should've told them that I was coming" she mumbled to herself. Mustering her courage, she rang the bell. A couple of minutes went by but nobody answered the door.

"That's weird' she said to herself. Luckily she brought her keys so she opened the door.

Silence was reigning the house. It looked immaculately clean as always. The furniture didn't change, she looked at the hallway that led to the kitchen and she saw little her running from her nanny. A big smile plastered on her face, her hair swaying from side to side. She looked at the stairs and she remembered the time when she heard her mother saying to her friend that she was a mistake. The thought used to make her cry, but it only saddened her a bit now. One time she decided to confront her mother. It was straight after her divorce, and her mother was pestering her to go back to nick.

"Don't you worry, I'm not going to stay here mother" Laura said.

"Listen Laura, he is a man, it's normal for them to cheat on their wives. Do you think that you dad had never cheated on me?"

"My father would never cheat on you "Laura looked sternly at her mother

"You're delusional Laura" her mother scoffed.

"Ok I am" she shrugged her shoulders

"You are so selfish. Do you know what people are going to say about us" Rebecca scowled

"I don't know, and I don't care"

"But I do care" her mother yelled

"Well I hoped that you cared about me" Laura yelled back losing her temper" I opened my heart to you, I told you what he did, and you're here worried about what the people are going to say. I'm you daughter for god sake"

Rebecca remaining looking at her, looking bored. "I know that you don't love me" Laura added. "But why?" Her voice broke. "did I do something bad?" she took a step and held her mother hands in hers. "Mum" it was the only time she said this word to her. "why do you hate me?" she asked.

Rebecca entangled her hands from Laura's and said. "I will try to call nick and make him come here so you could talk about it okay?" she gave Laura a fake smile and run down the stairs. Laura just shook her head and wiped the tears that were running down her face.