Chapter 28

Hello everyone. i hope you're doing well. Sorry for the late update.

please be careful of the coronavirus and don't take it lightly. make sure you stay safe .

I dedicate this chapter to brit628 and to lovestoryverymuch . Thank you for reading my story and for your feedback.

if you want me to dedicate my next chapter to you just comment and vote on this chapter. i love you all and hope you like this chapter.

******

"You must be Macy" Laura said when she entered the kitchen and spotted a woman cutting some tomatoes. The woman looked at her. She was about the same age at her. Dark brown hair was pulled in a ponytail showing her long neck, her face was clear and bare of makeup.

"I'm Laura, I'm.." she proceeded to present herself

"I know who you are madam..." she cut her.

"Please call me Laura" Laura interrupted her, smiling warmly at her.

"Okay Laura" she said while smiling.

"How long have you been working here?" Laura asked her.

"Not too long" she replied. Her answer was brief and Laura wanted more details.

"A couple of months?" she asked.

"Yeah, you could say so" she was starting to irritate Laura. Her replies were curt, and she didn't give any informations. Laura took a deep breath trying to calm herself.

"Have you been here when Kate and Arthur stole my mother's jewelry?"

"Yes I was"

"How did my mother knew it? How did she catch them?"

"Laura" Macy said while putting the knife down and looking at Laura. Her look was stern and her smile looked fake "I prefer you talk about this with Mrs. Jones" she said referring to her mother. Laura kept staring at Mary. She was strange. She was definitely hiding something.

"I did and she told me that you witnessed them stealing" she said

"I'm sorry Laura but I have strict rule to not talk about previous maids" Macy replied without looking at Laura.

"I'm Rebecca's daughter, I'm practically your employer" she said crossing her arms angrily. Mary put the knife down and smiled

"I'm sorry again but my employer is Mrs. Jones. If you have a problem with that, you can go and talk to her. I'm just following the rules" she said while smiling. Laura wanted to punch her face to remove that stupid smile from her face. She sighed trying to calm her anger and put on a fake smile too.

"Okay" Laura drawled. "Can I ask you for a favor Macy?"

"Sure" she replied

"I need a phone to call my friend, I lost mine and the landline isn't working" Laura said.

"We're not allowed to have our phone here"

"What?" Laura asked. She frowned. This was starting to irritate her. She needed a phone. She needed to call Kate ."since when and Why?" Laura was dumbfounded.

"Mrs.Jones asked me to not bring my phone here. It's a kind of a protocol to respect her privacy"

"This is insane" Laura screeched. She was starting to get a migraine. She closed her eyes for a moment and furiously rubbed her forehead . she sighed" I don't know what's going in here" her shoulders dropped slightly in defeat.