Chapter 27

Hello everyone thank you for your feedback on my last chapter. i dedicate this chapter to FJTapuai  and to  Brind2y2. Thank you for reading my story and for your feedback.

if you want me to dedicate my next chapter to you just comment and vote on this chapter. i love you all and hope you like this chapter.

"I... I was cheated on." Colton said curtly.

"Can you tell me from the beginning?" Dr.cha asked gently. He proceeded to tell her from the beginning how he met Laura and until the day she told him that she used to be married to Nick.

"I thought that I could trust her. At one moment I felt that I trusted her, But at the back of my mind. I always felt that she will be like Britney. I don't know how to explain this feeling. Laura was my girlfriend. It was my first relationship after Britney. I loved her. I still do. But she doesn't love me anymore" He looked down feeling helpless.

"What makes you say that?" The doctor asked while looking at him over the rim of her glasses.

"She caught me in bed with Britney" Colton looked up to see Dr.cha reaction. But she held a gentle smile. She nodded her head enticing him to continue. He felt relieved that she didn't judge him or tell him that he was an asshole. "I don't know if I really slept with Britney. I don't remember anything, and it's odd. I usually remember what happens when I'm drunk but this time "he paused for a moment and sighed "this time I don't remember anything. I also believed Laura's ex-husband than her. How can someone do that?" he asked disbelievingly.

"Tell me more about you relationship with Britney?" Dr.Cha inquired

"I met her when I was in college. We were engaged, and she cheated on me with my best friend" he said through gritted teeth. He didn't want to talk about her. He didn't want to hear her name.

Dr.Cha nodded her head.

"What do you remember from that night?" she asked gently.

He proceeded to tell her what happened that night and also the morning.

"She was afraid of me. She was scared that I would hurt her. I would never do that" He took a deep breath."I would never hurt her"

"You said that you thought you trust her. What made you realize that you don't?"

"Laura said it to me that morning when she caught me. That's when I realized that I didn't trust her" He put his elbows on his knees and held his head in his hand.

"We decide to not trust people, so we could protect ourselves from being let down again" Colton felt a bit relieved when said we. It made him feel like he was not the only one dealing with trust issues. He looked up at her, and she continued

"In a relationship, it's important to give the benefit of the doubt to your partner. You need to understand that we are all different. That Laura and Britney are different. Just know that it's all in your head. It's normal you've been betrayed in the past. "

"What happened exactly when Laura confronted you about her previous marriage? How was your reaction?"

"I insulted her when she told me that she was previously married. She dealt with the same thing as me. She was cheated on too" he said looking down. He was not able to look at her. He felt ashamed.

"I assume that when you were in a relationship with Laura you always asked yourself : is she messing with me? When is the truth going to come out? When is the pain going to arrive? And when she confronted you, your ego emerged and you said hurtful words to hurt her like she hurt you "