Time to explain

Keith stared at Kolivan with shock. Did he hear right? „Keith? Is it ok for you if we tell them? It's already too late to hide anything but maybe it's better this way?" Kolivan asked and smiled softly. Keith didn't really want to tell them but he thought about Kolivans words. Maybe he's right? They don't have to show them anything but if they know about it, then maybe it's easier to ease theirself into it. „O-Ok.." he confirmed and turned around so he doesn't have to face anyone beside his pack. „ok, let's start this and get it over with" he saw Antok say and watched as Ulaz stood up. „Does any of you know what a kit is?" he asked and sighed as he saw the confused reaction. Only the Altean seemed to know a bit about it. „In that case.. Galran children are called kits or youngling. A youngling is what you call a very young baby and a kit would be a toddler. Galran are very possessive about kits, doesn't matter if they are their own or not. Kit is kit." Ulaz explained calmly. „So.. you see Keith as a toddler?" Lance asked and broke into loud laughter as Ulaz confirmed his assumptions with a nod. Keith turned even redder as he heard Lances reaction and grew nervous. He was hella scared for their reaction. What if they also saw him as a little kid? He felt exposed and embarrassed. That shouldn't happen. What if they refused to see him as a teammate after they find everything out and saw how they coddled him? Keith started to panik and didn't seem to realize that Antok could feel his anxiety. Mostly he knew beacuse Keith whined very very quiet so he was the only one to hear it. Antok snaked his hands under Keiths armpits and pulled him into his lap. The kit visible froze first but calmed down rather quickly and cuddled into Antoks chest, welcoming the comfort. The paladins observed their interaction closely and had to keep themself from cooing. They had to confess that it looked really cute.
Antok was the next to explain. „Kits also voice things out different. They can talk, yes, but they are mostly non-verbal. They make noises to get things or tell their parents or packmates what they feel, need or want." Antok explained and to demonstrate that, he ran his hand through Keiths hair. The kit started to purr qietly which did not go unnoticed. „Nos the purring means that he likes it and is very pleased right now. The Paladins looked curious at Keith. „So the sound he made as he hit his arm on the table was also one that kits make? Shiro asked and stared at Keiths back. He still remained hidden in Antoks chest and refused to look at any of them but he could feel Antok nod. „Yes, indeed it was. For you, they may sound all equally but for our species they all have different meanings. The one Keith made was one from a pained kit. It screamed for its parents or pack to comfort him." he told them and chuckled as Keith tried to forced himself to stop purring. „It's all very natural for our species but humans are a bit different, right kit?" he addet and kissed Keiths forehead. Lances mouth hung open. He couldn't believe what he heard. His rival was basically a baby? He tried to fight against a Galran toddler? Sounds impossible but here he is.
Pidge and Hunk also stared at them but they were fascinated. They really enjoyed to listen to the blades about the Galra and their culture. The Altean too were impressed and wanted to hear more. Shiro on the other hand didn't understand this. His little brother whom he knew since years wasn't who he always thought he was. He even wasn't full human. „Wait.. Keith? Haven't you made those kind of sounds way before you came to the garrison?" Shiro questioned and stared holes into Keiths back. Did Keith knew he made them?
Kolivan looked surprised as his eyes wandered from Shiro to Keith. „Keith? Please answer. It's not nice to ignore someone" he scolded and put his chin on his folded hands. He didn't like were this was going to. „Ähm.. Yeah, I made those but my fosterparents didn't like them and said they were odd. They would hit me if I would do them again so I didn't.. was the last time back then.." he mumbled and closed his eyes at the hurting memories. He didn't like his fosterparents one bit, he was happy when he remembers when he met Shiro. His older brother, Keiths mind helpfully corrected him. He smiled softly to himself, of course no one saw it. (Antok felt him grinning against his chest but psss)
The blades stared in shock at each other. Their kit was hit when he made their typical kit sounds?? They wer absolutly terrified. Even Kolivan looked out of it. It should be normal for a kit to do those sounds, not be terrified that they would be hit if they did. „It's totally ok to make those sounds, Keith. No one judges you for it and when someone still tries it, he will learn to respect other species and their culture the hard way" Kolivan growled and stole a quick glance at Lance, who seemed to pale as he catched Kolivans Eyes. „Y-Yeah Keith. I-It's totally ok and no one will say anything, not even me I promise!" Lance stuttered. Allura chuckled and stood up. „Yeah we will still love you, right guys?" she asked aloud and received four loud „Yes!". She nodded proudly and gestured for the other to copie her to stand up. „We will go to the training deck and train for a bit. Please don't feel pressured to follow us. Stay with your pack, it's no big deal" she said and left with the others, leaving the blades alone for themselves. „That was so sweet of her to say" Thace mumbled and smiled. He felt like they encouraged Keith to be himself and he absolutely loved it. „Yeah you are right. This went waayy better than I thought it would go" Kolivan mumbled and Antok grinned. „Very smooth. They are very understandable. That's a rare quality" he said thoughtfully and caressed their kits back. The purring was still audible but suddenly very softly. Ulaz listened to this and stood up and walked to the kit. He smiled suddenly from eye to eye, causing the others to look concerned. „Why are you grinning like that?" Thace asked but was met with silence. He wanted to asked again, thinking that maybe he didn't hear him but closed his mouth as Ulaz put his index finger in front of his lips. He was confused at first but cooed softly the next. Everyone listened closely and had the same reaction as they heard the soft snoring coming from the small figure in Antoks lap. „How long had you two been awake?" Kolivan asked and looked smug as he saw Ulaz reaction. He chuckled nervously. „Well he woke up very early and couldn't sleep anymore so I told him a bit about our Galran history. I must have been one or two hours maybe.." Ulaz grinned and laughed softly. „Well, I don't really want to wake him up, he probably needs it so I guess it's naptime." Thace mumbled and continued to watch Keiths peaceful expression. „Cute" Kolivan whispered and looked at his Pack. His most trustworthy friends and now they even had a kit. How can someone get so lucky?

****

I feel so productive.. I definitely have a flow, I was never this motivated and fast before. It's insane.
Maybe I have mistaken lunch for breakfast (Should have been lunch but maybe i wrote breakfast somewhere I don't know)
I am not sure maybe I just have this feeling. If I am correct I am sorry :)
Thank you soo much, yeah I mean you @AthenasDream
I am sure you are part of my motivation :D