Chapter 15

"Remember Ishi, the Sports Festival is tomorrow , lots of people will be around but #13 will come back to check on you and the security team won't let anyone come back here to bother you" Aizawa explained. His wounds were healing and honestly he could probably go without the cluster of bandages, but a harsh combined yell from Chiyo and Ishi put all his protests six feet under.

Part of Ishi wanted to go to the sports festival, she knew that she would only be able to actually watch it if she stayed here, but she wanted to experience it, the sounds, smells, and the slightly out-of-control chaos. But she was afraid of being by herself, and Aizawa and Nemuri had set all of this up for her, she knew she should be grateful, but she just kept thinking of a certain person she would much rather spend the day with.

"Okay" She whispered in concealed defeat. Aizawa pet her arm comfortingly, almost making her forget her disappointment. "I'll see you after the sports festival then" she gave him a small half smile before laying down ready to just go to sleep.

"Good night darling, see you again later" her breathing evened out quickly signaling she was already asleep, Aizawa looked over to the other side of the large bed and laughed, Nemuri as confident and perfect she looked in front of a camera of crowd, currently looked like a mess, her dark hair flopped all over her face and all the pillows, one leg hung off the bed (entirely fair game to any monsters under the bed), a hand covering her eyes from the lights above, and her loose character hoodie pushed up from all her tossing and turning. "Jesus Christ, this is what we have protecting citizens and teaching children every single fucking day, we are doomed" he commented through his laughter.

He sat at Ishi's desk with a stack of pop quizzes, grumbling under his breath every now and then, All Might who happened to walk by a while later was just in time to hear a cry of frustration and agony before Aizawa cried out "KAMINARI! YOU CAN'T JUST WHITE OUT QUESTIONS YOU DON'T WANT TO ANSWER!", light sobbing followed and All Might was frankly too scared to venture into the room to see if he was okay.

The next day Ishi sat cross legged on her bed, snakes enlarged and curled up around her like lazy cats, part of her wanted to ask them to stop because their weight was giving her a headache while she was already stressed, but the other part of her liked the comforting warmth of their bodies around her.

She sighed heavily before falling over on her side, her facial scales rubbing harshly against she heavy wool blanket Aizawa couldn't seem to part with even in the summer, she swore sometimes he was inviting himself to heatstroke.

"What's wrong?~" The snake closest to her slithered.

Ishi grunted not wanting to voice her emotions, not just because she didn't feel like it, but also because she didn't know how. How was she supposed to say "I love being around him" "I want to spend today with him even though my family worked so hard for me" "I want to hold his hand even if I can't see his face" "I'm so sick and tired of being isolated it makes me want to cry" "I want human contact, but I'm scared of being rejected, of being feared, of being left behind...again.". Her head was a mix of doubts and fears, strong anxieties and deep deep down a little bit of hope. Hope that he would accept her forever and never leave her behind.

Before she even registered it her snakes had shrunk in size and were starting to wrap her eyes, not telling her why, and ignoring every question she asked. Then they dragged her into Nemuri's room next door, straight to her closet where they pulled out some tights, a pair of shorts, an oversized hoodie and the smallest pair of converse they could find. They dressed her and she confusedly stood still taking in what was happening. "Where are we going?" she asked only to be stubbornly ignored. They pulled the hood over her themselves hiding away in it's thick folds before instructing her to walk forward. Their directions continued out of the building, across the courtyard, and toward the large looming stadium.