Henry's Babysitters: Part 2

The dim lighting of a random room greets your eyes as they slowly pull themselves open. At first, you panic a little, but then you realize that you're at JJ's house because you were tasked to watch Henry last night.

As you're slowly waking up from your groggy feeling, you also notice that Spencer, your co-babysitter, is missing. You wipe your eyes with your hands as you stand up from the couch and waltz into the kitchen. Waiting in said kitchen are four cups filled with coffee. JJ, Spencer, and JJ's husband already have theirs, so the remaining one must be for you.

"Good morning, baby whisperer," JJ jokes as she picks up your mug. "You seemed really tired after last night."

You walk over to JJ, grab your mug from her, and take a seat next to Reid and across from JJ. "I never knew that watching a baby and changing a diaper could take so much out of you but it does!" you exclaim, taking a sip of the heavenly coffee in your mug.

JJ and her husband laugh. "Now imagine having to rinse and repeat that process over and over again," JJ adds.

You shudder at the thought.

"How about you, Reid?" asks JJ. "How did you hold up?"

Reid shrugs and smiles a little. "It was fine. I mean, of course I was tired, but it was fun looking after the little guy."

You smile at Spencer's words. He really is going to be a great dad someday.

JJ looks at her watch and back up at you two. "Work starts in an hour. Do you guys wanna stay for breakfast?"

You take one last sip of your coffee and shake your head. "Thank you, but not today. I better get home and get myself ready for today."

Reid nods and shrugs. "What (Y/N) said."

JJ chuckles and smiles at the both of you. "Alright. Thank you guys so much for looking after him. Maybe you could do it again sometime."

You both respond to JJ's thank-you and slug your coats on. With that, you hop in your own car and drive to your apartment.

~ time skip ~

You walk through the glass doors and sit down at your desk. You are almost immediately greeted by Derek Morgan. "Hey there, Mrs. (Y/N) Reid."

You get all red in the face. "What?" you exclaim, looking at Morgan like he's got two heads.

Morgan chuckles at your exaggerated reaction and shows you a picture from last night. You gasp at what you see.

What Morgan is showing you is a picture of how you and Spencer fell asleep on the couch together. Your head is on his shoulder, and his head is resting on yours. That's not the only thing your eye notices about this picture, however. You two are holding hands.

You didn't remember intertwining hands before you two fell asleep. You only ki-

Oh my Lord, you kissed Spencer Reid.

"I've been calling you two lovebirds for how long now? And finally, you know that I'm right," Morgan taunts, a goofy grin on his face.

You wanted to slap that grin right off of his face.

"If you tell a single soul about this-"

"Too late for that, sweetness," says Morgan, as bashful as ever. "JJ sent that to me. Who knows who else she sent it to?"

Your face gets even redder than before. "You mean that you all think Reid and I are lovebirds?"

Before Morgan could answer, David Rossi approaches you two.

"Buon giorno, (L/N), Morgan." Rossi turns to look at you. "I have to say, you and Reid have great chemistry."

Your jaw drops.

"Are we talking about that adorable picture of Reid and (L/N)?" chimes Penelope Garcia, adding to the crowd around your desk.

"What exactly are we talking about?"

Everyone turns around to see Spencer Reid, in all of his genius and fatherly glory. You contain your dreamy sigh that's currently itching to escape your lips.

Morgan walks up to Spencer and shows him that picture. At first, Spence gets all red in the face. "Uh... who took that?"

"JJ," Morgan answers.

Spencer further examines the photo and points out your hands. "We weren't holding hands before we fell asleep."

"You sure about that, Spence?" JJ shouts as she walks in.

As Reid processes everything, you see a small flash of intrigue and impulsion in his eyes. It's almost like a light bulb went off in his head.

"Do you guys wanna see what happened moments before?" Spencer addresses to the crowd, while looking at you. He walks closer to you, and before anyone could answer and before you could question his actions, he smashes his lips against yours, for everyone at the office to see.

This wasn't exactly how you envisioned an office relationship. It all seemed like more of a private thing. A relationship that no one would talk about and most certainly wouldn't be showcased in the office space.

But hey! This was still cool.

As you and Spencer are moving your tongues about, the people in the office are cheering. You could distinctly hear both JJ and Morgan's loud cheer. Rossi might've said something, but you couldn't decipher those words with the given circumstances. As your hands tangle in Spencer's hair and as his arms snake themselves around your waist, you're whisked away into a world of just you and him: no Morgan, no serial killers, no office, no-

"Get a room, you two!"

Said world disappears as Spencer pulls away at the sound of Hotch's voice. You silently freak out because your boss just caught you kissing your fellow agent, but Spencer just laughs, turns back to you, gives you one last peck on the lips and says "We're gonna have to take a rain check for that." He winks, and that might've been the most attractive thing you've ever seen.

Soon enough, everyone disperses and you're left alone at your desk, thinking about what just happened. Your mind was still partially frazzled at the shock of it all. You barely even notice JJ walk up to your desk.

"So... you seemed to enjoy that."

You give her a smug look. "You took that picture?"

"I needed photo evidence!" proclaims JJ, who's barely holding in her laughter.

"Photo evidence of what?" you say, raising an eyebrow.

JJ laughs before saying, "That Henry's babysitters are in love with each other!"