Falling Down the Stairs: Part 2

~ mature language is used ~

So much for keeping your relationship with Spence under wraps. Now, your boss knows, of all people.

Hotch's beady eyes stare into your soul as he waits for an answer to his previous question. You could also feel the stare of everyone else in the room - JJ, Prentiss, Rossi, Morgan, the whole gang. "I, uh... I was -"

"Don't lie to me, (L/N)," threatens Hotch, looking as intimidating and as angry as ever. "What did you say to Reid just then?"

You and Spencer lock eyes. You look like you're about to cry, and Spencer looks sympathetic to your situation. He nods as you look back to Hotch.

"I - I told Reid that I love him."

You could practically hear everyone's gasp in the office. Hotch's eyebrows lifted as you said this. "And what else have you been whispering to him?"

Your heart decides to go a million miles per minute as you respond, "Nothing else, sir."

Reid looks over at you and frowns. Why couldn't Hotch interrogate him and not you?

While you were internally panicking and ready to start crying at any moment, Hotch actually laughs a little. He looks at the two of you and says, "It's about time one of you confessed it." With that, he walks away and shuts the door of his office.

Neither of you have ever been more embarrassed than you are right now. Everyone's eyes are on you two. Eventually, everyone has to go back to work, but you and Spencer are just left embarrassed. You're never going to live that down.

"I'm so sorry, Spence," you say. "I'm so so so sorry."

Spencer looks at you and shakes his head. "It's not your fault. You didn't do anything wrong, it's just Hotch being intimidating."

"No shit," you respond. "I'm still deathly afraid of that man."

Spencer chuckles. "I was, too. But don't worry. As long as we work diligently today and whatnot, they'll all forget about it."

You nod. "I hope so."

~ time skip ~

Surprisingly, you and Reid got through the day with less teasing than you both expected. Of course, more people than just Prentiss and Morgan noticed your injury from 'falling down the stairs,' and more people than just Garcia noticed Reid's 'bruises.'

Now, you two are home, lounging on the couch and relaxing. Spencer is reading a book while you're eating because what else is new? You go to shift your position, but a sharp pain envelops your hips. Spencer must feel your death glare because he looks up from his book.

"You're really blaming me for your inability to walk?"

"Well, it kinda sorta is your fault."

Spencer looks at you in awe. You see a spark of mischief in his eye before he says, "Then I could blame you for this?"

He unbuttons the top of his shirt to reveal all of these hickies, which were previously recognized as bruises from the impact of a book.

You look for a good excuse and/or comeback to use, but none pop into your mind. "Yes. Yes, you can."

Spence chuckles again. You smile upon watching him laugh. "So... no sex tonight?"

You look at him with raised eyebrows. "Unless you want me to be paralyzed from the waist down, then no."

At first, Reid frowned like a little child, which made you laugh. Then, he seemed to get an idea, because he puts down his book and starts crawling towards you. "Doesn't mean I can't kiss you."

He gives you no time to respond by immediately kissing you, his tongue already entering your mouth and exploring. Almost instantaneously, you tangle your fingers in his pristine hair as his hands run up and down your back.

You don't know exactly who pulled away, but all you know is that both of you were in need of some serious breath.

Spencer looks at you, his eyes dazed. Even a blind man could tell that he was in love. Heck, you could even tell that he was in love.

"Should we tell them at the office?" you ask him.

Spencer thinks about it, but then shakes his head. "No, let's keep up the act of you falling down the stairs."