Warm Water

"Pretty boy, if you don't jump in this pool right now, I'll push you in myself," Derek Morgan yells to Spencer Reid, who's sitting on a lounge chair, reading War and Peace at a rapid pace. He was never really one to appreciate the water. Even you knew that, and you never even went swimming with Reid.

"While I'm in my clothes?" he retorts, looking over his dark shades. "That wouldn't be a very wise decision of yours, Derek."

"Pretty boy," Morgan starts, "you're in a bathing suit."

It was Morgan's idea to throw a pool party after solving a case about an UnSub that had an MO of drowning people in a pool, which you highly disagreed with because people died, but you weren't one to turn down a pool party invitation in the middle of summer.

"If you don't get in this pool, I shall push you in myself, you adorable little genius," Garcia called from the stairs of the pool. She had a drink in her hand and her sunglasses over her eyes. You could tell that she was living the life.

You would never admit it, but you kind of wanted Reid to jump in. You've always had a thing for Spencer Reid, even if you would never ever admit it. Everyone always called you two 'lovebirds' but you would beg to differ.

Before Spencer could respond to either of them, a voice yelled, "Heads up!"

There was JJ, in all of her glory, in a very cute one piece bathing suit. She got a running start before cannon-balling into the pool, creating a splash that got Spencer a little wet already. You could tell that he was relieved that the book didn't get wet.

"C'mon, Reid," you call, smiling at him. "Just a dip? The water's warm."

Spencer looks at you through his shades and sighs. He plops the book down on the lawn chair and takes of his shirt. Holy cow, are you in for a treat.

Spencer's got these abs that shock you. For someone that smart, you never expected that he would have a bad body, but you didn't expect a great one either. This new discovery completely proved you wrong in so many ways. He's not completely ripped, but you weren't into muscley guys like Morgan. Reid has the right amount of muscle tone to make a girl swoon.

To make you swoon, more accurately.

"We're taking baby steps," Reid says, directing this at Morgan and Garcia. They both nod in approval.

First, Spencer sits on the side and puts his feet in the water. His facial expression doesn't change much at all. At least, nothing you observed. Then, he slides himself in and immediately tenses up. Goosebumps travel up his arms at a rapid rate.

"You told me the water was warm!" whines Reid, like a little child that didn't get what they wanted on Christmas.

"And it is!" you say, looking at him playfully. "But you have to adjust to the temperature."

If you could buy and sell the look on Spencer's face when you say that, you'd be a billionare.

~ time skip ~

The setting sun created the perfect atmosphere for you and Reid, the only two remaining people in the actual pool. Everyone else went inside to play poker, and you weren't much of a gambler. As for Reid... he's been banned from every casino in Vegas because he counts the cards, so in order to give everyone in there a fair shot, Spencer decided to sit this game out.

Just me and Spencer Reid, you thought to yourself. And you were right, unless you count the never-ending laughter you two were currently sharing.

"You read romance novels?" Spencer says, a slightly amused look on his face.

"In my defense, they're rom-coms," you defend.

You and Spencer both look at each other before laughing. What you two were laughing at, you didn't really know, but you enjoyed every second you spent together.

And no, you two aren't drunk.

The laughter subsided, and you two ended up locking eyes and creating this intense eye contact that intimidates you, just a little.

"Have I ever told you how pretty your eyes are?" says Spencer in a low and (you'll admit it) sexy voice.e

You shake your head "no" and get all red in the face.

Reid smiles at you before saying, "Your eyes... they're this beautiful and perfect (E/C) that makes people jealous. Even the Sun itself becomes jealous that it can't shine just as brightly. And when you smile, your eyes have this glimmer in them that gives one hope. It's just the right amount of glimmer to make it all seem magical."

You're pushed to the brink of happy tears. You've never had anyone say anything like that to you before ever.

"I would say thank you, but..." you trail off as you put a hand behind Spencer's head and kiss him. He doesn't hesitate to kiss you back, pulling you closer to him.

The kiss isn't a long one, only long enough to proclaim your love for each other. Once you pull away, you look at him and say, "Actions speak louder than words."

Reid looks at you and smiles slightly. "I think I like the water now."

You laugh at him. "Oh, do you?"

"Who doesn't like the water, especially when it's warm water?"