Chapter 17: Demetri's Mate

(Chloe's POV)

Three months have gone by since I started to move on. I still think about Nick every now and then. I haven't left the castle since I got back from Athens. I've spent a lot of time with Renata or Demetri. I also hang out with Jamie, Seth, and Riley; however I try to avoid the living area for the lower guards because I keep getting stares from several people, mostly women.

"Chloe," Demetri said walking into our room with a large box.

"Yes?" I said looking up from my book and he set the box on the bed.

"You need to get ready for the ball," he said walking over to me and taking the book, "Heidi offered to do your hair." I sighed and leaned back into the couch.

"Do I have to go?" I asked. Aro was throwing a formal ball for covens all over the world. Demetri told me that only the elite guards along with the wives were welcomed to the party. When I asked why I had to go Aro said 'because you're Demetri's mate.'

"Sorry," he smiled guiltily then gave me a quick kiss on the cheek, "but apparently there's a lot people who want to meet the 'tracker's mate.'" I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms.

"Now I defiantly don't want to go." I muttered and he chuckled.

"You will be fine." He said then handed me the box, "now off you go to Heidi's room; I'll pick you up." I sighed and walked out of the room.

(Demetri's POV)

It's been two hours since Chloe left to Heidi's room. The box I gave her was the dress Heidi bought her, but I wasn't allowed to see it. I sighed and put on my black jacked on; the usual outfit I wore to balls.

I walked out of my room and down a few doors to Heidi's room. I knocked on the door only to have Heidi yell at me to wait. I sighed and leaned against the wall opposite of her door while crossing my arms.

"Heidi," I said knowing she could hear me, "the ball started twenty minutes ago; we're expected to show up before it ends."

"I don't mind that." I heard Chloe say and I rolled my eyes. The door opened and Heidi walked out wearing a long red dress.

"She's all yours," Heidi said then walked away. A few seconds passed before Chloe walked out. I froze when she appeared in a purple dress with her hair waving down like it always does. I was glad Heidi didn't pull back Chloe's hair; I liked it down.
Dress:

"Wow," I said, "you look beautiful

"Wow," I said, "you look beautiful." She smiled at me and looped her arm through mine. I led her to the doors of the throne room where we could hear the ballroom music softly playing.

"You ok?" I asked stopping in front of the door. She sighed and smiled up at me.

"No," she admitted, "but I guess I don't have a choice." I chuckled and kissed her on the lips before walking her into the room.