Chapter 47: Can't she Ever get a Break?

The two of them arrived at the meeting area, seeing that everyone else was already there. "Sorry we're late!" Mika said as the two stepped out of the elevator. Kaminari and Mineta were cheering as the two girls walked towards the group, being silenced as Mika sent them a cold glare.

There a a beeping and everyone looked towards the elevator, seeing Melissa step out. "Oh, are you all still here? The party's starting!"

"It's almost everyone." Iida said, "Let me call the others to see where they are." He grabbed his phone from his pocket and dialed a few numbers, after a minute or two he let out a sigh, "Neither Bakugo nor Kirishima are picking up."

"Well, should we just head to the party then? I mean, they'll get there when they get there." Mika said. "What does it matter that two people aren't coming with the group."

"What does it matter? What does it matter?" Iida asked. "The image of U.A. Is represented with us as students! We must show the upmost prestige while representing it!"

"The majority of us are here, and we're already late, so let's just... get to the party." Kula said, trying to distract Iida from his rant. Though he continued, until an alarm sounded through the building.

"This is an announcement by the I-island security system. We have received a report from the security system that an explosive device was placed in the I-Expo area. I-island will now be in high alert mode. Residents and tourists should return to their homes or lodgings. Those that have come a long way should go an wait at the nearest evacuation center. Anyone still outside ten minutes from now may be arrested without warning. Please refrain from going outdoors."

There was the sound of something shutting and the room they were in got a bit darker, and Kula looked towards the windows, seeing that they had been covered by some kind of iron barricade.

"In addition, most of the main buildings will be sealed off by the security system. I repeat—" with that, the message repeated a second time and they all looked at each other, everyone seeming to process what was happening.

"You think someone reported Bakugo?" Kula suggested, trying to lighten up the mood in the room. Needless to say it didn't work.

"My phone has no signal." Todoroki said.

"Mine doesn't either." Kula said, knowing that Aizawa was going to try to call her in a bit due to it almost being three hours since the last time she texted him. Well time to actually write my will. "It looks like the signals are being jammed somehow."

"Seriously?" Mineta asked in a panic.

"The elevator isn't responding either." Jiro said, causing the grape boy to panic even more.

"I don't believe the security system would switch to high alert mode just because they found something explosive." Melissa said.

"Right. There has to be a lot of explosive things on this island, this is where scientists create inventions." Kula agreed.

"Iida, let's go to where the party is being held." Midoriya said, walking up to him.

"Why?"

"Because All Might is at the party."

"All Might is?" Uraraka asked.