When All Is Lost...

A.N. There is ballet in this and while I have taken ballet before I am no means an expert, so if the center work that I have Natasha do is a little unrealistic forgive me. I just chose a bunch of movements that were known to be difficult. Also points if you get what song this title is from.

Natasha's P.O.V.

"What do we do now?" Rocket asked as we walked back into the compound, tail tucked between our legs.

"There's nothing to do," Thor stated, "He's dead and the stones are gone and there's nothing we can do."

"That's not true, the stones can't be completely gone," I said, stepping in front of the group. "It's simple science, matter cannot be created nor destroyed, it only changes forms. The stones have to be out there somewhere, right?" I glanced toward Bruce.

The man sighed, "Maybe, if these things even follow our rules of physics. I'm sorry Nat, I can't help." Bruce left the exited the room on a path that I knew led to the building's exit.

"While I admire your determination, I need to take care of my people first," Thor said, his voice softer and quieter than I'd ever heard it before, quickly following Bruce's trail.

"Anyone else," I said, sweeping my eyes over the team.

"I have to go back to my old post," Carol said. "This thing affected the whole universe and while I trust you guys to take of here, there are a lot more planets that could use my help. But," The woman added, setting a hand on my shoulder, "if I hear anything, you'll be the first to know."

I nodded, "Thank you. If you don't mind staying until tomorrow, I can help get a channel set up so we can communicate."

"I know so pretty shady space scientist that might be able to do something," Rocket said, "Not like I don't got anything better to do, whole family's gone."

"I'll make sure he doesn't get into trouble," The blue girl, Nebula said.

I smiled, "Thank you. I'll make sure you're on the same channel I'm setting up for Carol."

Maybe we can reverse this thing after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One Year Later

Tendu front, side, back ...dégagé front, side back....grand battement front, side back...Relevé....demi détourné...rond de jambe...repeat and repeat and repeat.

After my warmup and I moved to the center of the room and began my workout. I began with a combo of arabesques and pirouettes followed by a variation from Grand Pas Classique before moving on to Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, straying from the traditional choreography and ending it with thirty-two fouettés.

I was enjoying the pointe work and the pain and pressure that came with it, when I voice that I had become accustomed to over the past year spoke up.

"Was that your knee by ear? Is that normal for terrens?"

I brushed some small pieces of hair that had fallen out of my ponytail away from my face, "What's going on. We weren't supposed to have a conference yet?" I asked taking in the holographic forms of Rocket, Nebula, Carol, and Okoye.

"I wasn't the one who started this meeting. In fact, I was about to dig into the ripest yaro root I'd ever seen."

I shook my head at the Racoon's words but looked to the other two women, "It was me, Natasha," Okoye said. "We had sent some volunteers to help with the aid efforts, but two of them came back with rather worrying reports."