❨15❩

♀︎

"Yeah, no worries. I will see you tomorrow then," I smile at Relly. She salutes me and leaves the building, seeing her chance at freedom. My sorry ass has to wait up for Dani, who will question me without a doubt. Damn Elijah that he had to make himself known, if I hadn't caught his eye or if he had looked away, then I wouldn't be in this mess, but here I am. Rubbing my face I lean against the row of lockers behind me and wait for the inevitable.

Loud footsteps suddenly race down the hallway and I immediately know what's coming my way, "Dakota Moore! You have some serious explaining to do."

I turn around as Dani reaches me and pulls me with her outside, my arm feels like it is being pulled out of its sockets. She is very eager. We finally make it to her car, but instead of getting in, she stands in front of it with crossed arms and a determined look on her face. I tilt my head and look at her crazy eyes. 

"Dani," I start, "Do not make a big deal out of it please."

"A big deal? You were eye-fucking Mr. Tall, dark and handsome, now if I don't make a big deal out of that, then there surely must be something wrong with me."

Well, that's true.

"Okay, fine. We've talked a couple of times, on some occasions."

"Did you fuck him?" She asks with a smirk.

"I did no such thing, but of course that is the first thought that popped into your head," I laugh. "Listen, I barely know the guy. He is funny when he wants to be, but his anger throws me off completely and I don't need shit like that on top of everything else right now."

She leans against her car, "But you want to fuck him? It's shining in your eyes."

"What the hell is shining in my eyes to make you declare nonsense like that?" 

"How freaking cute!" She screams as the students in the parking lot pay attention to us. "My dearest virgin best friend is going to get some."

"Dani!" I screech and forcefully place my hand on top of her mouth. She licks my palm within a second and I pull away before dragging my palm across her shirt, trying to rid myself of her saliva. "You are so fucking gross and embarrassing."

"And yet somehow you love me anyway," She sings and wiggles her eyebrows. "Now give me the details."

"I spoke to him at the party at Relly's, he seemed very nice, but our talk was cut short. Then I have just been bumping into him here at school and he is a very flirty person, hence why he winked at me today. There's nothing more to it than that, we are not friends, not lovers, we aren't anything."

At the end of my speech, Dani is looking at something behind me in horror and I know what is coming. Of course, me being the person that I am, he would be standing right next to me as I pretend I don't care for him in the slightest. If this isn't the epitome of awkward, then I honestly don't know what is. Her expression turns to one of suggestion as she looks at me and smirks. 

"You tore my heart apart, love," His deep voice rings through the air, clearly humored. "Apparently you have a thing for being rude to me for seemingly no reason."

Dani squeals and sits down in her car, leaving me to fend for myself, so fucking typical. I turn around and face him, trying not to show any emotion on my face. "Hey, Elijah. Do you need anything?"

"I was wondering about our chemistry, do you have time to work on it this weekend?" He smirks at me, the choice of words stirs emotions and I desperately try to ignore them. My body hums by having him this close and his eyes scan my frame in a knowing manner, almost as if he knows exactly what his presence does to me. 

"I'm free to work on our chemistry assignment this weekend, yes," I put emphasis on the assignment, making sure he knows we are not a thing. 

Even though the way my body shivers from close contact makes it clear that I would not mind him and I working on stuff... Oh shut up, Dakota. You don't have the time nor the need for a man in your life, not right now. 

He hands me his phone with an easy smile, "Give me your number, so I can get your address."

Typing in my number I hand it back to him and smile, "Easy way to get a girl's number, you surely do not have to work for it."

He smirks and raises an eyebrow, his green eyes shine under his long eyelashes and I try so hard not to stare, "Is this you flirting with me?"

"I sure as hell am not," I scoff at him with a smile. Maybe I was, but he doesn't need to know that. 

"So your place this Saturday?" He questions, the underlying tone to his voice is not missed, but I don't call him out on it. His frame towers over mine and I lick my lips when his eyes gaze into mine, his focus drops for a second and a burn starts in my lower belly. This is a dangerous game we are playing.

"Yeah, sure," I smile, trying to redeem myself for a second. 

He gives my body a once-over making my skin dance with goosebumps, smiling at me he turns around and leaves. I can't help the blush that suddenly tortures my cheeks. His broad shoulders are so sexy and the way his muscular back stretches against the t-shirt. It really isn't fair, he has a god sent smirk and a body that can kill, my hormonal ass can't keep up with these sights and I am getting them daily by now. It's the purest form of torture. 

A knock behind me shakes me out of my daydream, Dani is inside the car fanning herself dramatically and I smile as I step inside the car. The shotgun is always mine, an unwritten rule so to speak. 

Her little smirk meets me immediately, "So that was loverboy then?"

Pulling at my hair I force the stupid grin off my face, "Do not call him that, he is not my anything-boy."

"Seems to me like you just gave him your number," She sings as she starts the car and drives onto the street. 

"He needs my address for an assignment we are working on together."

"Sure," She drawls, "And he could not get that by you saying it to him. Don't even try to deny how attracted you are to him, not that I'm blaming you because I live for you getting some, but don't lie to yourself. I'm sweating in here from the sexual tension between the two of you, that was sexy!"

I smile at her, "Don't call me out like that, Dani! Of course, he is attractive I have eyes, but I don't want anything to do with him. Not anything sexual nor anything romantic, it's just not the time."

After my explanation, she looks at me with cocked eyebrows. Her saying that she felt the tension makes it too real for me. Earlier I would excuse it as being my wild imagination, but this just proves that there is something there. She suddenly whistles at me with a smile and I push her shoulder lightly, this is exactly why I didn't tell her.