❨29❩

♀︎

Stepping into the kitchen, I walk straight into a girl who's busy staring deeply into the eyes of another person. Not wanting to disturb them, my ass hurries away after apologizing. Hopefully didn't ruin her chances of getting some tonight. Relly and Dani come into the room, spotting me immediately they join me by the fridge. All of us grab a beer and Dani sees her opportunity of grabbing a full vodka bottle, too. 

"Guys," She says raising the bottle into the air. "Brock just texted and asked us to come upstairs, they're playing a game and I thought we could join."

Even though it should be a question, she leads the way without waiting for an answer. Both Relly and I follow, not complaining one bit, personally I want to get away from the chance of seeing Tyler again. 'Low' by Flo Rida bursts through the speakers, if this house hadn't had speakers installed throughout every room and floor, I would've stayed downstairs. But the music gets louder as we walk upstairs and my drunk self starts swaying along to it. Making sure not to spill any beer, I take a huge gulp of the drink and keep on dancing. 

In the midst of my lonely dance party, my eyes lose sight of Relly and Dani. Apparently they stepped into one of these rooms, that is a given. Shrugging my shoulders, I open every door in the nearest reach, some horrific things are witnessed, but that doesn't stop me from opening the fourth door and finally spotting my friends sitting in a circle of people. 

Dani sees me and pats the spot next to her, pushing my shoulder lightly with hers once I sit down. "Where did you go?" She slurs with a smile. 

"I was dancing, right behind you guys," Laughing she shrugs her shoulders. Taking this opportunity to scan the circle, all of the guys with a bad reputation are here, including Elijah and Brock. How Alec, Lewis, Rocco and Joshua managed to get up here before us is beyond me, especially since we left them at the baseball game outside. 

An intense stare shakes me out of my thoughts, a small shiver tortures my spine as my eyes catch Elijah's green ones. He is studying my features and scanning my body with a small smile on his face, the action through the dark room makes me hot and I try to ignore him. We haven't really talked for a few weeks, not since the incident with the fight, some part of me misses him and his attitude, the other part is relieved it doesn't have to deal with the conflicting emotions that appear by me being near him. 

"Okay," Brock yells in his deep voice. "We are playing Drink or Dare, basically the one questioning decides whether you have to drink or take the dare. There is no tapping out from a dare and don't be bitches about it, especially you Alec."

Alec seems shocked that he got called out, "Takes one to know one, Brooks."

Brock ignores Alec and looks straight at me, "Drink or dare, Dakota."

Giving him a weird stare, "Not like I have a choice in the matter, so what's it gonna be?"

"I will give you drink, you're too sober."

Furrowing my brows I drink from my beer, declaring that Dani has to drink with me. She does and as we clink the cans together, some of it spills onto the floor making us laugh. The rounds keep on going as Alec is dared to perform a strip tease, Brock has to kiss Dani, Relly does five cartwheels in a row - which is fucking impressive compared to how drunk she is. 

Joshua smirks at Elijah, "Your dare is to kiss Dakota."

My heart hammers and before my mind catches up, I spit, "No."

Elijah's intense eyes meet mine, he appears confused that I shut him down. It doesn't even make sense to me why I refused, but it just feels wrong for some reason. A kiss, our kiss, shouldn't be like this. That would ruin the moment for me. Also, it's awkward as hell to kiss in front of all of these people, I'm not like that at all. 

"Come on, Dakota," Joshua pressures with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. He licks his lips and looks at mine, the action makes a bile rise in my throat. "Don't be boring, like, come on."

"And don't push it, Joshua. This is me saying no," My scowl should throw him off, but clearly it doesn't.

He rolls his eyes, "You're so fucking pathetic. It's a kiss for fucks sake, you've probably done it countless times with other dudes at these parties. You don't have the best reputation after all."

Anger boils under the surface, "Yeah, neither do you, but do you see me out here stigmatizing your ass?" I pause and he doesn't answer me. "No? That's what I fucking thought."

Right as I expected him to be done being an ass, he holds his hands up in surrender, "You don't need to make it a big deal, you could've just pecked him on the cheek."

"You heard her, dude," Elijah suddenly speaks up, his voice annoyed. "A no is a no."

The tension in the room is suffocating me, it's so embarrassing that everyone is looking at me in wonder. They are as shocked as Elijah seemingly is, but he accepts my limits and I respect him for that. High school boys can be such pains in the ass, their constant need to witness something that is even remotely sexual is concerning and highly unattractive to me. 

Especially the attitude Joshua throws when he scoffs at us is unattractive, "Fine, Elijah, then kiss Callie."

Not wanting to witness Elijah kissing anyone else, the need to get out of here is intense. Deciding to listen to my body and the embarrassment flickering through my mind when I see Elijah leaning in to kiss a redhead next to him, I hurry out of the room. My head is pounding and the bile in my throat returns, I must've been drinking too much. This reaction isn't because of Elijah currently kissing someone that is not me

My annoying ass just rejected him, of course he would kiss someone else. It's straight logic and completely understandable.