❨36❩

♀︎

A loud knock on the front door disturbs me from making some dinner for myself. My mother promised that I would have the house to myself tonight, so I hope she keeps that promise. It even shocks me that she has anywhere to go, if I'm being honest with myself I probably don't want to know where she's spending her time tonight. Dropping the grilled cheese sandwich, my feet pad across the floor in the hopes of being as silent as possible. 

It's Saturday, the girls are on their trip and my sorry ass has been trying to pick a movie for over an hour now. Being indecisive is probably my worst trait, not one single person in my life appreciates me for not knowing what I want 90 percent of the time. At least the sandwich is something I can agree with myself on. 

Readying myself for the coldness from the weather outside and my bare legs, I take a deep breath. Opening the door, my heart beats faster by the green eyes staring back at me. He is drenched completely the storm is literal insanity right now, so him coming here doesn't make any sense. Elijah gives me a small smile, "Hey, love."

"Hi," I whisper unintentionally, opening the door wider and stepping aside. "Please come in."

He doesn't waste a second, stepping inside he removes his shoes and jacket immediately. His pants are dripping on the floor, before I know what I'm doing I reach my hand out. His confused gaze lands on me, "What are you doing?"

"You aren't coming in and relaxing in the furniture with wet pants. Now give them to me, I will throw them in the dryer."

He smirks at me and I roll my eyes in humor, "As I've said before, if you want to see me naked all you have to do is ask."

"This is me asking, Lij. Give me your pants."

He shakes his head with a smile on his lips, but unbuttons his pants nonetheless. Redness tints my cheeks and I hurry into the living room, grabbing a blanket. He thankfully accepts it when I return, my eyes are seriously struggling to stay focused on his face. 

Luckily for me, his wet pants are handed over to me and my feet walk away from him in a hurry. After throwing them in the dryer, my mind tries to collect itself from the madness that is occurring right now. The relief of my mom not being home tonight is as intense as ever. 

"Are you alive? Did you join the pants in the machine?" His husky voice suddenly carries through the laundry room, shocking me a little. 

"Yes, why not?" Joking I smile at him and leave for the kitchen with him following, the blanket is safely tucked around his legs. "Are you hungry?"

His confused gaze is very attractive and my eyes divert before my staring is locked on him in a creepy manner, "Won't you want to know why I'm here?"

"Is there even a reason?" I smile and raise an eyebrow in question. 

"No," He laughs, the sound making flutters erupt in my chest. "Unless wanting to see you is one, it probably is actually. I am hungry though."

Turning around, my hands work on instinct ready to prepare grilled cheese sandwiches for the  both of us. Elijah's presence in this room is almost too much for me, my body reacts to him being here so intensely it's ridiculous. A hand suddenly lands on mine stopping me from my actions. Looking up at his green eyes, he smiles at down me, "Let me, love. You handled my clothes after all."

Shaking my head with a small smile of my own, I ignore the knot in my stomach from having him this close, "No, don't worry about it."

"I don't, my cooking skills are not that bad, give it a try," Not moving a muscle he raises an eyebrow. "Please sit down and enjoy yourself," The honesty in his familiar stare weakens me, leaving the food I sit down by the kitchen island. 

Watching his muscular back as he gets to work is a great distraction, it's quite impressive that his shirt is intact from the stretch when he moves and flexes his muscles. It's only now that I realize he discarded the blanket and is standing in his black boxer briefs. His butt is almost perkier than mine, how fucking unfair. The revelation forces a blush onto my cheeks, as I try cooling them down with my freezing hands. 

"It was quite a shot of luck to come here, I wasn't sure if your parents would be home," He says, breaking the comfortable silence. His eyes focus on me over his shoulder, and I don't miss the little smirk by him witnessing my reaction. "Don't look at me like that, love, I am not a piece of meat."

The teasing tone in his voice provokes the blush even more, desperately trying to collect myself, "I was not! In fact, I think I'll go put on a movie for when we eat, leave you to your perfect cooking skills. What do you want to watch?"

"I'm not sure. Tilly would have picked out Twilight, if you're into that then put that on," His smile makes it hard for me to breathe. 

"I have actually never watched Twilight-"

"What?" He exclaims in surprise. "I can't believe you haven't watched Twilight before, if you hadn't had such a beautiful smile, I don't think we could have been friends anymore."

Laughing at him, "You're the one who said we aren't friends anyway."

"Well yes, that is true, but that isn't because of how you are as a person, you're amazing. It's because of my internal battle from wanting to kiss you all the damn time," His eyes meet mine as he turns around completely, leaning against the counter behind him. 

My breath hitches and his eyes focus on my neck, he clearly knows the effect he has on me. It's frustrating how I can't get myself together whenever I'm near him, my confidence never fails me except for when he is around. My eyes lock on his lips by a mistake, the memory of us kissing pops up in my mind and blush tints my cheeks. 

"I'm gonna go..." I pause as a smirk lights up his features. "I will just put on Twilight then, hopefully we can be friends after."

Turning around from him, his chuckle carries through the room and provokes a shiver from my body, "Too late for that, love."