Chapter 12 - Yusuf

Days chameleon into weeks... and here we were, a day to our first semester examination. Today happened to be Sunday, and instead of me to read my books I decided to go to our usual GameStop to play games. It was just me and Isah, both Adnan and Suleiman said they would rather skim their books than play games. They were the serious ones among us!

Talking about Adnan being one of the serious ones among us, his relationship with Fatimah had also become stronger than sedimentary rock. They were always seen together and even during Dr. Marwan's lectures he would join us as if he was as well carryingover the course.

Every time I see them together, I used to feel somehow sad or was it jealous? I cannot even explain the feeling. She was a very wonderful girl, not so kind to me though but the way she used to interact with people I literally loved it.

Girls loved me, I was loved by nearly every hot girl but Fatimah was so different. She didn't used to throw herself to me like the rest of the girls. I expected her to feel free with me but I was only dreaming, and the way she used to distance herself from me used to hurt me a lot. She used to distance herself from nearly all the guys as well. If you see her with a guy then it literally had to be around a lecturer or Adnan.

Qudrah on the other hand met me one day and begged me not to tell Fatimah what happened to her on the night we had their orientation party. Yes, she was raped on that night while she was drunk. She told me to make a promise to her that I would never reveal such matter to anyone and I told her not to worry as long as I would never see her in any school party again.

And from here I would like to draw our attention to school partying. As a girl, you should know the kind of life to live in school. Your parents sent you to school to study not to attend parties or crumble your future. You are like an investment to your parents, someone they hope to benefit from in the future when they can no longer work or take care of themselves anymore. Hence, the amount of money they spend on you shouldn't go in vain. Attending school parties really means exposing yourself to predators, those terrible guys ever willing to defile innocent girls at all cost. Be very careful with the kind of friends you keep and always focus on your main aim of being in school. Make your parents proud, not cry!

While playing FIFA with Isah, my phone began ringing. I had to pause the game and check the caller I.D, it was Adnan so I slided and received the call. "Mr Reading, what's up?" I teased him.

"Hmm, mumu kawai. How are you?" He said.

"Fine o, how is the reading going?" I scoffed.

"Ask me tomorrow after exam" He laughed.

"Hhhh, okey. So... any latest?" I uttered so eager to know the reason for the call. Isah was angry already, I had paused our game... you know?

"Yes, can you come to our house?" He said.

"Huh??" I had to check the caller I.D again, the Adnan I knew had once warned me not to ever step my feet in their compound again because he was so scared I might ruin his sister, Lubna.

"Yes, please hurry up" He said and then ended the call. I knew whatever he had in store for me was very important so... I told Isah to find someone and continue our game with. He was so angry, he grumbled but I didn't care. I went straight to my car and drove to Adnan's house.

As soon as I parked in their parking lot I saw him standing by the door of the boys quarters were he lived with his junior brothers, Sufyan and Bashir. It was very big and housed five rooms and a big sitting room. Each room had its toilet as well. They were cut from the main house, you hardly see them there except if they needed something or wanted to greet their parents. Food was brought to them directly by the maids. Their father was working in Central Bank of Nigeria while their Aunt's husband was the Defence Minister. They were rich too.

"So, you finally lift the ban" I teased walking over to him. "I thought you wouldn't do that"

"It's just for today" He said ushering me in.

"Okey, so can I see Lubna?" I cleared my throat.

"Never!" He squealed. "In fact, come and get what I called you here for so you can leave"

"Fine, since you don't want to give me your sister even though she loves me a lot" I said.

"Mtsww" He glared at me as we entered his room. Hence, he brought out some papers from his suitcase and handed them to me.

"What?!" I was so shocked on seeing them and also happy. "Who gave you all these, Adnan?"

"What I expected you to say is, are they real? Well, they are real. Almost all the things that I've been reading would be out" He uttered.

"Wow, thanks man!" I said smiling.

"You are welcome, but please don't tell anyone that I was the one that gave them to you. In fact, promise me you won't let anyone know about it" He uttered practically looking scared.

"Hmm, how about if I show that of Dr Marwan's... to your Fatimah?" I asked.

"And where would you see her? Tomorrow is the paper and as early as possible, or are you trying to tell me you have her digits?" He said.

"No fa, I just wanted to hear your mouth ne" I laughed out louder. "So, has she gotten too?"

"None of your business, now go!" He said.

"Okey o, but you have to escort me" I said.

"Ni din kuma? You are not serious!" He hissed.

"Fine, I am not going anywhere then" I pouted.

"Kai gardi, don't even think about it!" He said immediately I was about relaxing on his bed.

"Okey, escort me or I won't leave!" I said.

"Hmm, okey fine!" He said, and that was how he escorted me outside the boys quarters and then went back inside in a twinkle of an eye.

Adnan case! I smiled heading to my car when a female inner vest fell on my head. It was strange, I turned around but couldn't find the person that threw it on me. And just as I was about dropping it and running away a voice from the sky stormed into my ears. In bewilderment, I rose my head and found Lubna laughing at me while leaning on her balcony.

"Check inside, there is a letter!" She said but I couldn't take my eyes off her. She had grown more chubby and also more beautiful than in the past year. "Yusuf please check inside nau!"

"Okey!" I gulped and turned the vest. Behold, it was a sheet of paper with a letter written on it.

"Dear Yusuf, take that vest with you. I promise to come and get it from you if you text me your home address through the number bellow. You once asked me out and I told you I was scared even though I loved you, but now I am ready. Don't keep me waiting, I really missed you!"

As soon as I was done reading the letter, I laid out a smile. What was she ready for? A relationship? Well, that really made perfect sense to me but Adnan would never let that happen. He was always claiming protective brother as if he would be the one to marry her. Some guys could be very crazy at times!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Please if you are enjoying this book and wish to support me, I only need one help from you. Connect me with any reliable person you know that can get me a job, especially with the government. It can be uniform work (e.g Civil Defence, Immigration, Custom, etc), I would gladly accept. I am an NCE holder and would be very happy if you assist me in securing a job. Thank you. 08165479816.