🌸 Bonus Chapter 2 🌸

Y U S U F

...

Today was a wonderful day. Finally, I would be going back home with my lovely wife. She had been living in her father's house ever since he passed away some weeks ago. His death was tragic, it came so sudden - rendering Fatimah and her mother infirm. Well, Alhamdulillah since Fatimah could now smile unlike before. You know, her wholesomeness mattered a lot to me. She was seven months pregnant with our third child, and I wanted them both safe!

"Hope you did not forget anything?" I queried after loading her luggage into the car's trunk.

"No" She sniffed, wiping the tears in her face. Actually, she had cried heavily while we bid her mother goodbye recently before coming out. They both cried, I had to take her away!

"Fatimah you need to be strong please" I said and continued. "For our unborn child, okay?"

"Okay" She sniffed, with a nod.

"Good!" I pecked her on her forehead.

Hence, we hopped into the car and left.

It was a wonderful drive home, whenever there is less traffic I would gently place my right hand on her bump. I loved doing that almost all the time, it used to make me feel very close to our baby and used to give me profuse sense of responsibility, you know?

The maids warmly welcomed us and took Fatimah's luggage to our room upstairs. It seemed the kids had gone to school, even Farzana wasn't around - I guess she had morning lectures today. "Sunje school ko?" Fatimah asked Badawiya, the eldest maid.

"Yes ma, all of them" The maid responded.

"Okay, hope they are fine?" Fatimah asked.

"Yes ma, they are sound" The maid smiled.

"Good!" Fatimah said heading upstairs, she looked exhausted and needing a broad rest.

"Should I carry you?" I asked following her.

"You can't" She responded.

"What makes you think I can't?" I hummed.

"Because I'm heavier than before" She said.

"Let us see" I said about carrying her when she turned to me with a weird glare, it was strange how angry she looked. "I am sorry"

"You should be" She said and kept walking.

Hmm, did I just got myself into trouble?

Well, we didn't utter any word to each other again until we were finally in our room. So, she asked me to go and change since I was wearing the same cloth I visited her with yesterday. I should have went there with spear clothes, that would have been better.

After having changed into another outfit, I told Fatimah I would like to go to work but then she asked me to stay with her. I didn't want to sound uncaring so I did as she said. "There is something I would like to discuss with you about" She sighed as she held my hand and gently placed it on her bump, it seemed she also used to like it when I do it.

"I'm listening" I said sitting at the edge of the bed - very close to her. She was leaning her back on a pillow which she had placed on the bed's headrest... with both her legs stretched.

"I want us to merge our companies" She said.

"Hmm" I heaved a huge sigh with a smile.

"Is there any problem?" She asked.

"No, just that..." I paused and sighed again.

"Yes, I am listening" She uttered.

"Fatimah, the thing is my sister has a share in my company - quarter of the 52% which our father left for us. Which means, I only own 39% out of the 52% while she owns the remaining 13%. If we merge it, it would be complicated for us to..." I said as she cut in.

"I will have experts figure out a way for us" She said rubbing my hand in her bump. "It would be better if we merge the companies"

"I think so" I said as I drew closer to her and kissed her. "After this baby, you should rest"

"Hmm, I never said I am tired. After all, I am not giving birth annually. Abba gave 4 good years to Raliyah, she too is now giving this baby 6 years" She said smiling. "So you see, resting is all I am doing and I am so grateful"

"I love you" I said looking deeply inside her eyes. "I love you, Fatimah with all my heart"

"I love you too" She smiled and then huffed. "That reminds me, are you hearing from..."

"Who?" I anxiously wrinkled a brow.

"At least wait for me to finish!" She giggled.

"Hmm, okay I am waiting" I deadpanned.

"Alright, are you hearing from Aminah? I mean, is she sound? I dreamt about her, I dreamt she... got married again" She said.

"Well, I pray she does" I heaved a sigh.

"You did not guess the person she married!" She whined as she gently threw away my hand from her bump. "I want you to guess!"

"Okay, the Governor of Jigawa?" I uttered.

"Missed, guess again" She giggled.

"Hmm, the son of the president?" I said.

"Almost!" She gritted her teeth.

"The son of the..." I said halfway as someone knocked our door. "Who is that?" I squealed.

"It's me, sir" A maid said. "You have visitors"

"Visitors?" I wrinkled a brow at Fatimah.

"Yes sir" The maid responded.

"Alright, I am coming" I said withdrawing to my feet. "Who could that even be?" I sighed.

"Maybe a friend" Fatimah said.

"And unannounced?" I wrinkled a brow.

"Hmm" She shrugged. "Just go and check"

"Okay" I bent and kissed her before leaving.

When I went downstairs, I was surprised to see Adnan and his family - comprising his wife, Rukaiyah Hassan and their children, Rahmat and Sani, 5 and 3years respectively. That is exactly what you should expect from holy men after marriage, sharp shooting 😂 Can you just imagine? Just 2 years interval between his children. I can't stop laughing!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

The final bonus chapter is on its way...