Chapter 50 - Yusuf

With Farzana in my life, I opted to be a good father to her by spending much of my time with her. She also loved seeing me around, I never knew she would get so attached to me like this but you know blood is thicker than water and my blood indubitably runs in her. As for Aminah, the only relationship existing between us was that of parenting. That's all.

Today was a very cold and cloudy day, even the almighty sun was unable to shine today. And after all the necessary things at work, I drove to the house I bought Aminah. It was adjacent Police Secondary School, Minna. A two bedroom flat, with a kitchen and store. That should be quite enough for her to live peacefully with our daughter for as long as she wishes to. "Daddy, oyoyo!" Farzana ran towards me just as I drove inside the house.

Actually, she was a very strong car lover. I spoiled her though, and whenever I visited them she would insist I open the door even when I had already parked the car. Funny, right? Well, kids could be very funny at all times. And everything they do, whether good or bad is the right thing to them. You dare not shout at them for their wrongs, as though they're the most truthful creatures!

"Oya, get inside" I opened the door for her.

"Yes, yes!" She quickly hopped in and then loudly slammed the door, she was anxious.

"Hmm" I smiled as I gently parked the car. Thus, I off the engine and alighted the car.

"Welcome, daddyn Farzana!" Aminah said, beaming. She was the one that opened the gate for me because there was no gateman.

"Thank you!" I huffed. "Did nurse Nafisah come? Don't tell me she's also busy today"

"Hmm, daddyn Farzana kenan" She sighed. "Actually, ta zo. And she checked Farzana..."

"Good!" I said and gulped. "Is there food?"

"Yeah, na gama girki yau da wuri" She said.

"Okay, go and serve me while I get this car lover out of my car this instant" I muttered.

"Toh, sir" She smiled and headed to the flat.

Hey, did I acted right?

I hope I wasn't that aloof?

I really don't like being aloof.

I just didn't want to be too open to her, she might end up luring me just like before. If such happens this time around, I wouldn't really forgive myself. Not even by mistake. Real men ought to be so strong, not weak.

"Farzana, let's go inside!" I walked towards her door and opened it. "Oya, come outside"

"But daddy..." She lamented.

"But what? Hmm, if you want me to buy a packet of candy for you tomorrow..." She didn't allow me to finish my words as she hurriedly hopped out of the car in a jiffy. Hence, I carried her on my shoulder and headed into the flat with her with a scoff.

...

After dinner, which was a very delicious spaghetti, I prayed Magrib and then Isha before preparing for home. But then, God recommended I stay by releasing his rain.

"Driving in rain is not good" Aminah said.

Really? Well I have done that severally.

I am only staying for my safety.

Yes, because this was night...

And our roads are bad.

"Okay, I will wait!" I said returning back to where I was sitting on, which was a couch.