five.

h.

"When's Poppy back?"

I froze as I heard Liam's voice, my hand halfway to getting another beer from the fridge, my heart hammering in my chest before I remembered who the fuck I was and grabbed it without a second thought.

"Her flights at like midday New York time so she'll land midnight tomorrow." Niall explained and I swallowed.

I didn't know she was coming home so soon.

Why did I care?

"Oh my god, why is she getting here so late?" Eleanor asked just as I headed back towards the door. "It doesn't matter, I can't wait to se-"

"Shut up." Niall snapped the moment I stepped over the threshold and I rolled my eyes as the room went silent as I took my seat next to him.

"Oi thanks for getting me one then, ya prick." Louis glared at me from his seat opposite the tv and I rolled my eyes.

"It's your house you knob."

Zayn snorted as he started another game of FIFA and the atmosphere went back to how it was when I left to get another drink.

I didn't know why they were all so precious, it wasn't like I heard her name and suddenly broke into floods of tears. In fact when had I ever done that over anybody?

Let alone some girl.

I blinked as Amelia smiled at me, her lips which had been slowly increasing in size over the past few months and just looked weird now. But I couldn't deny that they did feel good against my dick. My lips twitched as I swallowed a mouthful of beer before looking away from her.

She was getting annoying.

I mean she'd always been annoying but I was able to put up with it. It hadn't bothered me when we first hooked up again sometime last year, she was certainly happy about it too.

I honestly couldn't remember a time when Amelia didn't have some crush on me.

But this past month, fuck. I dunno what happened but she'd just suddenly become fucking irritating and to the point that it made me snap at her.

I shook my head as I didn't dwell on my thoughts of her and her weirdly fat lips, we'd not even hooked up in over a month anyway. I didn't know why.

Poppy.

That's why.

My fist tightened around the bottle I was holding as my own brain betrayed me and I squeezed my eyes shut hoping that no one would notice how much of a freak I was being. That wasn't the reason.

She definitely wasn't the reason.

And I definitely didn't miss her so much that it hurt to breathe.

I clenched my jaw as I shook my head again, get a fucking grip. My eyes glancing at Niall who was busy on his phone, his finger swiping down through a variety of pictures until one caught my eye and I almost asked him to stop before I caught myself.

Luckily for me though Niall scrolled back up to the image and I felt my chest collapse, I would know that smile anywhere.

Niall clicked on the name, my eyes glued to his phone screen as the words Poppy Carmichael came up at the top and three sets of numbers underneath it and I was too engrossed to care if he knew I was watching.

What was this? And why had Niall never told me he had a whole collection of pictures from her on tap?

I chewed my lip as he clicked on the first picture again, the square appearing with three girls and bloke in it and I squinted, who the fuck was that?