thirty four.

"This is fuckin' stupid."

"I can hear you H!"

"I said I love you!"

I rolled my eyes as I ran my hand down my skirt before looking back up to the mirror. I was still annoyed that I ended up with a checkered skirt but at least it was purple.

And I mean, it wasn't like the rest of my outfit wasn't going to scream exactly who I was.

"Do I really have to wear the stupid scarf?"

I looked up as Harry appeared in the doorway of his room and I let my eyes drop down over him and I tried not to be weird about the fact he was dressed as my cartoon crush from when I was like eight.

"Yes." I said as if it was obvious and I mean, it was kinda was. "The ascot is like his trademark."

"His trademark is bein' a fuckin' wanker." Harry grumbled and I pouted as I finished fixing the somewhat orange wig on my head.

"If you really don't want to go in costume, we won't."

Harry looked at me for a long moment and I simply looked back at him, and it was true. If Harry really didn't want to go to Louis and Eleanor's costume party wearing a costume then we didn't have to.

The only reason I'd ended up picking what the three of us went as was because Harry refused to contribute any ideas or even help me a tiny little bit.

"S'fine, m'just bein' a knob." Harry rolled his eyes as he wandered over to me and pulled me flush against his chest and I smiled up at him. "Y'look pretty."

"Thank you," I smiled wider at him, "I think I make a pretty good Daphne even though purple isn't my colour."

"Yeh' definitely look better brunette." Harry nodded before he dipped his head and pressed our lips together, effectively swallowing any of response I was going to give him. "Almost ready to go?"

"Yeah, just gotta do Gatsby."

I stepped away from Harry and his grabby hands, giving him a look as I left his bedroom with the owner not too far behind me as I grabbed the bag sitting on the dining table and made my way over to the black and tan dog whose tail started thumping against the floor as I approached.

"Good boy." I hummed as I unclipped his own collar and replaced it with the blue leather one with the diamond shaped contact tag initialed SD.

I made sure I had my phone before I turned to find Harry much closer than I expected, leaning against the end of the sofa watching the two of us and I raised an eyebrow.

"Ready?" I asked, only receiving a nod from Harry before he got Gatsby's lead and I watched in amusement as the dog shot up like a rocket at the sight of it.

I kissed Pineapple goodbye with a promise of being home soon, although I knew how long Louis liked to party. Eleanor too actually, but my cat didn't really need to know that. I flicked off the lights, just leaving the one hallway one on and followed Harry to the lift.

"I look so stupid." Harry huffed again once we were the car, Gatsby's head resting on the centre console as I stroked his soft fur slowly.

I let my eyes drift over the white jumper Harry was wearing, the blue fake collar I'd grabbed from Topshop sitting around his neck nicely along with the orange ascot.

"I think you look cute."

"M'not cute, tha's' what yeh' call girls when you're sixteen."

"Did you call girls cute when you were sixteen?" I asked, I didn't know what it was but I couldn't picture Harry as a baby faced teenager. Obviously I knew he had been one once, but this Harry and even the Harry I first met were just worlds away from a cute teenager.