twenty.

The faint shrill ringing penetrated my ears as I rolled over groaning and buried my head further into my pillow and I willed the noise to go away.

I didn't even know what it was but it was annoying.

Soon enough it stopped and I reached out to grab my water bottle from my bedside table and took a long drink, pushing myself up to lean against the headboard. My head wasn't throbbing as badly anymore.

But that might have been thanks to the two showers I'd had today and the six paracetamol I'd swallowed. The first three having been when I'd woken up at about eight this morning, which was my first shower too.

That was a hard one considering I'd been asleep for four hours by that time. And I'd smelt so strongly of alcohol that I'd thrown up before I'd even managed to get in the shower.

The second lot of three and the second shower had been a few hours ago when both Lindsee and I surfaced properly, the state of my best friend had sent me into hysterics, which was probably thanks to the lack of sleep.

Now I was napping on and off in bed.

I was right, I was miserable toady and I was nursing a hangover but I couldn't lie and say that I wasn't grateful that Lindsee hadn't taken my pity party as an answer and we'd still gone out last night.

Plus it did take my mind off what today was for a while, especially while we were stuffing our faces with a delivery from McDonalds.

I groaned as I heard the shrill ringing start to drift into my room again and I sighed, I mean I probably should get up and sort dinner out considering it was, actually I didn't know what the time was.

I didn't even know where my phone was.

"Poppy!"

My eyes shot open as Lindsee shouted my name and I let out a half hearted call back of yeah.

"Your phone keeps ringing!"

So thats where my phone was.

I frowned as I rubbed my face before I pushed myself out of bed, I had no idea who was ringing me. Nobody really rang me purely because we were all anti social and preferred text messages.

"Fuck."

I swore as I tripped, my hands shooting out in front of me but I managed to keep my balance and stayed upright, my eyes finding the culprit which were the pair of black thigh high boots I'd worn out last night and I glared at them before I left my room.

"It's Harry."

I looked up as Lindsee spoke up from where she was lounging on the sofa, an episode of what I recognised as Jersey Shore on the screen. Her simple two words making my stomach drop faster than the alcohol had.

After a bit of hunting about I finally found my phone, on a kitchen counter with exactly thirty three percent and I sucked my teeth as I looked the screen, two missed calls from Harry and a message that he'd sent at twelve thirty asking if I wanted to hang out.

I let my head thud back against the cupboard as I exhaled through my nose in something that was a mixture of a sigh and annoyance.

Harry was the last person I wanted to see today.

I didn't know whether or not I should reply to his message, I mean he'd asked six hours ago, surely he'd got the answer by now. Even without me saying anything.

I jumped as my phone buzzed rapidly in my hand and I was glad I'd plugged it into charge considering I was close to dropping it. The X-Files theme song soon began to ring out and I cringed as I saw Harry's name on the screen.