thirty seven.

"I think you should calm down."

I blinked but didn't stop my actions as I turned to look at Harry, who hadn't really been much help at all and raised an eyebrow.

"Sorry?"

"Jus' calm down Flower, yeh stressing out too much."

This time I did stop my drink mixing as I turned my entire body towards my boyfriend and crossed my arms over my chest, did he really think telling me to calm down was going to make me calm?!

"Lindsee comes home in half an hour and I still have another two more cocktail pitchers to make!"

"I can help." Harry offered and I scoffed instinctively.

"Now you decide to help."

I rolled my eyes as I went back to shaking the cocktail maker and pouring it out into the jug and started on another mix to continue filling the pitcher but I was very aware of the glare directed at my back before Harry stepped up beside me at the counter.

"Jus' a fuckin' birthday party. Not the fuckin' President."

"You didn't even throw your best friend a party." I pointed out as Harry snatched the last recipe for the Mojito's off the counter with a roll of his eyes towards me but no snappy reply and I had to admit I felt guilty.

"Sorry."

"S'fine Flower," Harry said as his eyes never the left page before he started to grab the bottles needed for the cocktail. "Nothing to apologise for m'love."

"I love you."

"Love you too." Harry replied before the two of us settled into silence and finished off the cocktails.

I stood back and looked proudly at my work as I waited for Lindsee to come home and everyone else to come over, my hand patting Gatsby's head absentmindedly as he wandered past me and I briefly wondered where Pineapple was.

"Looks good." Harry complimented as he pulled me back into his chest and I leant my head against him.

"Thanks." I smiled before I stepped away from him and lent up on my tiptoes to press our lips together and I felt Harry's lips twitch against mine before he tangled his hand in my hair and I melted into his grip.

"We need to start looking at places."

"I know." I said quietly before I stepped away from him just as I heard the front door open, "Not tonight though."

"Happy birthday!"

I practically screamed in Lindsee's face as she appeared in the living room door and I saw her jump before I launched myself at her, wrapping my best friend up in my limbs as I kissed her face over and over again.

"Nice to see you too Popcorn." Niall muttered as he pushed past us making both Lins and I roll our eyes before I finally let go of her.

"I love you." Lindsee smiled and I grinned at her as I pulled her into the kitchen.

"I love you too, have you had a good day?" I asked I had to admit that I was kinda hurt that Niall had taken up most of her attention but we'd had this morning together.

Especially considering we'd slept in her room last night so once it was midnight I woke Lindsee up to be the first person to wish her a happy birthday. But that didn't really change the fact this was the first birthday we'd known each other that we'd not spent the whole day together.

"Yeah, it's been good." Lindsee smiled before she turned sideways towards me and I looked at her curiously before I realised she was showing me the bag on her shoulder.