twenty three.

"Hoops or no hoops?"

"Hoops. Always."

I hummed in thanks at Lindsee's answer and I had to admit, she was right. Hoops really did make an outfit and I didn't wear them enough. Considering I had almost too many earrings you really would think I'd make a point to wear them more.

"You think this is okay?" I asked, chewing my lip as I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I turned to face the blonde girl laying on my bed bothering a sleeping Pineapple.

"You look so pretty, you are so pretty P."

I rolled my eyes at Lindsee before I looked back at the mirror, the black dress splattered with little red and green flowers fell to my mid thigh and I ran my hand down my stomach.

It was casual and I mean it was new but I wasn't bothered if it got messy, I had asked Harry yesterday if a dress was okay considering I didn't want to turn up in a dress if we were going to be go-karting or something.

He'd just said yes and that he couldn't wait to see me.

That had made me smile for the rest of the afternoon at work, I liked this new Harry. I mean I liked old Harry but this Harry who was, or at least seemed to be more open with his feelings was nice.

Two years ago I'd been the one who was open and vocal about how much I loved Harry and looked forward to seeing him and spending together, and this just made a nice change.

I was pretty sure Harry knew how much reassurance I needed.

"Black boots or these trainers?" I asked as I looked at the two pairs of shoes I'd been wearing the most of this week. Although I had to admit I didn't really want to wear the boots considering I'd worn them at work yesterday and bled in them.

"Sneakers." Lindsee replied easily and I nodded just as the doorbell rang and I swallowed as we glanced at each other. "I'll let him in."

I nodded as she smiled at me before leaving my room and I ran my hand down my stomach as I heard the front door close and I sat down on my bed to pull my shoes on and glanced at the time on my phone.

Harry was six minutes early.

"Hey."

I looked up from tying my laces to see Harry standing in the doorway and I smiled immediately.

"Hi, did you know you're early?" I asked as I finished my second shoe and stood, giving Pineapple a stroke as I grabbed my bag and glanced at Harry to see him still standing there and I took notice of what he was holding.

"Yeh', m'bad. Traffic wasn't as bad I assumed it would be." Harry rubbed his jaw and I smiled slightly.

"It's alright, I'm ready anyway." I smiled at him as I stood in front of him and I flushed as I watched his eyes drop down my body.

"Y'look really pretty." Harry complimented causing my cheeks to get even hotter. "These are for you."

I swallowed as Harry held out the bouquet of flowers and I sniffed them immediately before I smiled shyly up at Harry.

They didn't smell too strongly but the Freesias had a faint smell but I was more taken by the sight of the bouquet, all the flowers were pink and white and I'd never seen anything prettier.

"These are so lovely, thank you."

Harry smiled slightly before he held out the gift bag towards me and I looked at it and him curiously.

"What is this?" I asked in confusion as I took a seat on the edge of my bed as I peered into the gift bag and spotted a plant.

"Belated birthday presents." Harry said simply.