six.

The idea of all four of us going to the airport had been a nice one.

The reality of it was much different.

Mainly because New York taxies were not that big and although Sarah, Lindsee and I were not that big, Mitch was easily six foot and we were all cramped along the one seat.

But it made me smile, I had to admit it was a very us thing.

It also helped the churning in my stomach at the thought of getting on an hour aeroplane in a little over two hours and the fact I had goodbyes coming up that I really didn't like.

It was kind of stupid but Lindsee and I had barely been apart for the past two years.

What was I going to do for the next three weeks?

I also knew my brother and Giovanni were going to be at the airport and I kind of really didn't want to deal with that. I knew Giovanni was coming to London too and I know it was nice of him to do that except I kind of didn't really want him to.

Hence why when'd mentioned that he didn't think he'd be able to get there until a couple of days before my birthday I said that was fine.

I was pretty sure he didn't even have a clue that there was a wedding I was invited to and had a plus one for, but that was fine. I was taking Lindsee anyway. I had asked Eleanor if that was okay and she had agreed wholeheartedly.

The few times they'd interacted over FaceTime they'd talked about their nails so they got on at least which was nice and I was pretty sure Lindsee really wanted to see Niall again and he always asked after her so I was pretty sure I was about to be cupid.

I stayed silent as the car finally got out of the city and approached ever closed to JFK and I tried really hard not to be sad, I mean I was going to be sad no matter what.

New York had turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life.

But there was a difference between being sad about leaving my friends and full-on sobbing at the terminal.

I thanked Mitch quietly as he hauled my cases out of the boot of the car and Lindsee slipped her hand in mine as we walked to the terminal and the minute the doors slid open I spotted Max and Giovanni.

They'd ended up coming together because apparently they'd had business this morning. I had a feeling it had something to do with the Rossi's company expanding to London.

But I didn't really care enough to ask.

"Hi." I smiled at Max as he pulled me into a hug and he rubbed my back before releasing me and I headed towards self-service check-in. I loved these things.

I scanned my passport and weighed all my bags before it printed out tags for them and my friends all took a bag each to strap a tag on and I felt my eyes tear up just as my boarding pass was printed.

With a bit of a struggle considering all four bags were heavy I plopped them on the conveyer belt and watched them disappear, hoping that they'd actually end up getting to London too.

It had never happened to me but I was absolutely paranoid that my bags would end up on the wrong plane and I'd never seen any of my stuff ever again.

The group of us grabbed some food and hung out chatting for a while, I didn't know why Max had bothered to come, yeah it was nice and I loved my brother but he'd barely been off his phone the entire time.

"I think I might have to go." Max finally spoke up and I looked away from the coffee I was nursing. "I have a meeting."

"Alright," I smiled, aware of the way his lip twitched, he was lying. "It's been nice. Come home more yeah?"